Rehau Everloc leaks/Problems.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro.Plumbing

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Is anyone else having lots of leaking fittings after 1-3years of operation. I have a leak every 2-4 months on Everloc fittings in a 36 unit apartment building. All leaks are in different areas and different size fittings. Leaks are on hot and cold domestic lines usually 3/4" or 1/2". Never the pipe always cracked fittings or leaking from the fitting connection. Building is in a lower pressure area of town about 60psi and all units have mixing valves to limit temps to 120 degrees for hot water. Current total is 10 leaks on a 3 year old building. I have sent the first 3 leaks to Rehau, got no support or warranty from the company to fix the issue. At a loss of what to tell my customer.

Never used this system before. I'd be raising hell and have a rep out.

Can I ask why this system? Did you choose this? Or something your walking into?

Never used this system before. I'd be raising hell and have a rep out.

Can I ask why this system? Did you choose this? Or something your walking into?

The building was roughed in by a different company. Had the Rehau rep out with the 3rd leak and was a waste of time. They came out had a 30 second look at the areas that leaked. Collected the pictures/video of the leaks and bad fittings. Followed up with them and they say the fitting they tested was exposed to chemical that deteriorated the plastic. I asked about the other 2 and they didn't know if they were tested or not, but should be the same. Followed up with the sales rep and they told me it was a loosing battle trying to argue they findings. Its a concrete building and all the lines are in sealed drywall ceilings. I was onsite during the rough in helping out and nothing was sprayed or anything after the waterlines were installed drywall was installed shortly after the install. Each cracked fitting has a slight white crust directly around the crack which they say is the chemical. The same white crust is on any surface that the leak striped or sprayed on and looks and feels to me like hard water mark. Same as you get on shower heads and shower doors from hard water. I have replaced all leaking fittings with Wirsbo, because that's what I prefer to use. I have had much better warranty experiences with Uponor.(not that they would warranty a Wirsbo fitting on a different manufacturers PEX-a pipe. )

Yes installed by plumbing contractor. They were fired before the completion of the building. No support from them.

There's really not a lot you can do at this point. Hopefully at some point the bad fittings will show themselves and the building will "stabilize.

The only thing you can do is send the metal off to be tested by your own lab then take the results to court with you if the test results show the composition of the metal was incorrect and that’s why it failed.

It’s a long drawn out battle that’s not worth the trouble usually.

Is anyone else having lots of leaking fittings after 1-3years of operation. I have a leak every 2-4 months on Everloc fittings in a 36 unit apartment building. All leaks are in different areas and different size fittings. Leaks are on hot and cold domestic lines usually 3/4" or 1/2". Never the pipe always cracked fittings or leaking from the fitting connection. Building is in a lower pressure area of town about 60psi and all units have mixing valves to limit temps to 120 degrees for hot water. Current total is 10 leaks on a 3 year old building. I have sent the first 3 leaks to Rehau, got no support or warranty from the company to fix the issue. At a loss of what to tell my customer.
I'm experiencing the exact same thing with the plastic Rehau fittings, except these fittings were installed about 6 months ago. I'm curious to know if there have been any additional developments. Rehau blamed an "unknown chemical" as causing the fittings to develop leaks, but the only chemical that was applied was soap solution to check for leaks...We've installed thousands of these fittings without an issue until now.

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue. My scenario started about the 6 month mark as well and continues to be 1-2 leaks every few months. I no longer send the fittings to Rehau as it's a waste of time. Rehau refused to honor their warranty. I only use Wirsbo. I have had to deal with Wirsbo warranty 3 times and 1 time I wouldn't expect them to pay to replace and they did anyways. Couldn't be happier with Wirsbo warranty. I figured there would be an industry standard 25yr warranty for PEX. I won't deal with Rahau anymore. Dare I say Everloc the next Kitec. Might take a lawsuit for them to do anything.

Is there any way I could get your email to get in touch with you directly?

Back