Recommend a high quality line of effluent pumps

Discussion in 'Septic Tanks' started by BasicPoke, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Nov 29, 2012 #1

BasicPoke

BasicPoke

BasicPoke

Hello, new member here. I have an effluent pump in a pit on the outlet of my septic tank. I am replacing a Zoeller Model 53 pump that has been in service about 7 years, which I have had several problems with. This is the type that comes with a float attached to the outside.

QUESTION: Can someone recommend a high quality line of pumps that I can expect long problem-free service from? I am willing to pay more for quality here.

What problems have I had? Animal chewed thru pump wiring from inside. String caught in float mechanism. Pump stopped turning on when float rose, replaced switch and problem remained. Now water is inside switch cover. I see rust in several places so I'm ready to replace it.

Some background--a septic man recommended the pump system because our field just did not seem to absorb the water when it was cold and wet outside. I believe there is a lot of clay in the soil.

Thanks for any advice.
    BasicPoke (Ron)

2. Dec 2, 2012 #2

drainbrain

drainbrain

drainbrain

Stay with zoeller sump pumps they Rs cheap and high quality

3. Dec 11, 2012 #3

BasicPoke

BasicPoke

BasicPoke

Thank you drainbrain. I ended up buying a Liberty pump but haven't received it yet.

4. Dec 12, 2012 #4

stevemachine

stevemachine

stevemachine

Senior Member Professional

Liberty makes a pretty decent sump pump so I would imagine the quality should be par. Let us know how it works out.