Recirculating Pump with Heat Traps

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im deeply concerned with what I pay alot for as its all ultimately passed on to the consumer.

Me too, that’s why I wouldn’t pay to heat a tank of water then circulate it through my house.

I located my condensing tankless 6’ above the master bath and another one 6’ above the kitchen sink that backs to to another bathroom.

There’s zero standby loss and there’s no water circulating, no pumps, check valves, etc.......no wait for hot water.

I think that’s pretty good......

How could I improve on that ?

I prefer to put the water heater close to the point of use and make the water heater tankless.

The ultimate in energy efficiency.

I completely agree.

However, most homes are designed with the bathroom (or bathrooms) far away from the kitchen (for good reason) which means at least one of those locations will have to wait for hot water (or all locations wait equally if the heater is placed centrally).

I completely agree.

However, most homes are designed with the bathroom (or bathrooms) far away from the kitchen (for good reason) which means at least one of those locations will have to wait for hot water (or all locations wait equally if the heater is placed centrally).
For custom residence we usually use two or three heaters. Usually two.

Most of the bedrooms are up stairs and the kitchen is below.

Master gets its own tankless.,

One tankless heater can’t supply the whole house anyway.....

Last edited:
For custom residence we usually use two or three heaters. Usually two.

Most of the bedrooms are up stairs and the kitchen is below.

Master gets its own tankless.,

Understood.
I thought about using point of use heaters in far locations, but they didn't provide the flow necessary for a shower. I never thought about using two full tankless units!

Understood.
I thought about using point of use heaters in far locations, but they didn't provide the flow necessary for a shower. I never thought about using two full tankless units!
It’s the way to go and you always have a backup if one doesn’t work. With one tank you’re simply out of hot water.

I installed one of these circ pumps today under a guys lavatory in the north forty of a large home.

He has an office on the 3rd floor over a weight room and below that is a garage. This half bath serves the office. It would take several minutes to get hot water. Like 5 minutes.

So this thing mounts under the pedestal lav snd he had it wired up to a plug controlled by ALexa.

So I plug it in and purge it of air. He says “ Alexa turn on hot water “ and the pump kicks on. About 30 seconds later the hot pipe under the lav got hot then the pump shuts off, auto thermostat. Then he says “ Alexa turn off hot water “ .
PROZRTED Smart Instant Hot Water Recirculating Pump System with Bulit-In Thermostat HBS24-12 - Professional Plumbing Solution Provider

Back