Rear up flush toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesplumbing06

Reaction score
I am in a weird spot. Short story. Church was flooded again. We enclosed our pavilion to meet there till construction is over. Had a thetford upflush system donated. Pump doesn’t work. But can these toilets be used as standard European style rear flush ? My drain is right out side. We elected to use this system to keep from adding to concrete or cutting the existing. Building is temporary and will be removed. If I can use this toilet without pump. That would be awesome. Anyone tried this ?

I dont see why it wouldn’t work. The toilet doesn’t know the difference once it leaves the outlet.

You have a saniflo ? Bowl like this ?
https://www.build.com/product/summa...0KIgH10OUfNUOYCwcKoaAu_AEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I was thinking the same thing. Yes like a saniflo. It’s the 10th unit I’ve installed but never had this situation cause me to think without toilet. I guess I had a brain fart thinking this pump sucked the toilet after a certain pressure is reached in water level. But yeah it should work

I do not like them, If it is in a church and going to be used several time a day you are asking for trouble people with throw down all sorts of goodies. I would install a a sealed sewage pitt with a pump , what we in the trade call a grinder. It can handler anything .

I do not like them, If it is in a church and going to be used several time a day you are asking for trouble people with throw down all sorts of goodies. I would install a a sealed sewage pitt with a pump , what we in the trade call a grinder. It can handler anything .
I really didn’t wanna ego trip. I can type out a long story. You way is 5k. My way was donated. 21 years owning the plumbing business. Just never tried to use these without pump. And I have over 300 of these systems under my warranty and maintenance program. Thanks tho.

Back