Rear Outlet Toilet Install Guidance Needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTYANK

Reaction score
I am renovating a narrow basement bathroom. The original toilet sat on 8" raised floor.
I wanted to eliminate fall risk with raised floor and tore it out. The existing toilet waste line comes threw bottom of foundation wall, about 2ft straight length with elbow sits on slab. (see pics).

I should also point out the house is 93 yrs old. The elbow and straight length is copper and fed thru a sleeve in foundation wall which I'm guessing is cast iron. I have no idea how it connects to main waste/sewer line. but its rigid

I would like to install a rear outlet toilet and illuminate raised floor. Is this feasible? Not sure how I connect toilet to existing waste line.

I would appreciate any guidance on how bet to proceed

IMG_0739.jpg IMG_0742.jpg

Maybe look for a toilet that has a built in ejector system.

Maybe look for a toilet that has a built in ejector system.

Due to space constriction, the back of toilet needs to be positioned towards the back foundation wall. As shown in pic, existing waste line would be right side of toilet. How would this plumbed? Is it feasible?

What is the center line of the discharge on the toilet. That is the elevation that existing line needs to be at. I dont think you can do it, but i have never installed any in residential. That current line looks to low and to jump up with fittings i think will put you to high to hit the outlet. I would get someone in there that has done them and see what they say.

Latest posts

Back