rear discharge toilet again

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogmusicman

Reaction score
Well I'm back. Things got "scrambled" since I was last here struggling with my rear discharge toilet and the project got put off. But now I'm really serious,got to get that rear discharge toilet installed! I reviewed my posts from back then and I see that I was working on the sanitary tee on my waste stack. Well that san tee is installed. (has been since 2015) It's just sitting there,capped off and waiting for me to get moving. The toilet I got is a Gerber rear discharge type that bolts to the floor and wall. Question: what goes between the outlet on the back of the toilet and the waste pipe? some kind of flange? does it attach to the wall? attached firmly? how about pitch? is there a standard that calls for a certain pitch between the toilet and the stack? or maybe it's kind of an "eyeball" thing where you just make sure the toilet sits just a tad above the drain so water flows naturally toward the drain? I'm sure there'll be more questions,stand by! :)

here are some pix...

Attachments

• dtack.jpg
    dtack.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • backtoilet.jpg
    backtoilet.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • backtoilet1.jpg
    backtoilet1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • tankbox.jpg
    tankbox.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
You attach a regular closet flange onto the pipe. That's what the toilet actually attaches to. It doesn't attach to the wall. It attaches to the floor and the closet flange with closet bolts.

You attach a regular closet flange onto the pipe. That's what the toilet actually attaches to. It doesn't attach to the wall. It attaches to the floor and the closet flange with closet bolts.

Tnx JG,and what about pitch?

What pitch? The closet flange will have to be at the height of the outlet of the toilet. It also needs to be pretty square. There's not going to be a lot of options with pitch.

Drainage that is gravity fed is supposed to be 1/4" per foot. It's not always possible or realistic. Depends on your exact setup on whether you'll be able to give it some pitch.

Better make sure it’s not back pitched.

I’d let the bubble bump the line.

Better make sure it’s not back pitched.

I’d let the bubble bump the line.

Do all rear discharge toilets have the same discharge outlet dimensions? (mine measured 4.5 in. from outlet middle to the very bottom of the toilet before I broke the bowl therefore causing me to buy another toilet)

Back