Tenant here. I've dealt with a slummy owner in the two and a half years I've lived in this house. A foundation leak for over a year has caused our main cast iron pipe to break. This has caused all wastewater to run into our basement, including upstairs neighbors. Of course our basement is full of swirly grey and black water. The fix, according to the landlord's plumber, is to saddle the pipe that is rusted. It is sewage pipes from 1920. Which is fine if that is how they want to fix it. My issue comes from the sewage in the basement. Well, the serious mold colonies came from years of having a wet basement and the mold has traveled upstairs to various parts of our house: window sills, under carpet and kitchen floor, exit doors. It doesn't matter how much I clean, it always comes back. Anyway, they said they would spread lime pellets, but now, they said it's not that bad down there because it's mostly dirt. This is not at all true. If they decide to put down lime, should my family leave during the drying out process? Doesn't this type of bacteria release endotoxins during cell death? I have a five month old baby boy, a three year old, eight, and twelve year old. I'm concerned about my infant, mostly. More than likely, they will leave the sewage in the basement, but we shall see. My question is: should we be here while the basement dries out?