Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder why my sump pumps don't work? Both of them looked like this, guess I should check them more often, it hasn't rained for a few years, and there's always something else to do. [Yes, they are in a swamp]. In addition, the magnet at the top of the float had completely rusted away, but that was a relatively easy fix. Not sure I could ever get parts, but the pumps are since discontinued, so looking at new 1/3HP pumps if anyone has recommendations. 8*)

View attachment 36468
You must not be in Florida if you say it hasn’t rained in a few years

I had a call once of a gas meter leaking water.

I laughed and went to the job and that’s what I found. Gas meter set pouring water out of the regulator vent.

Lightning struck the gas and water line that were touching and blew holes in both.

The water pressure filled the gas line up and ruined the gas meter, regulator and a water heater control.

This happened to a doctor I once worked for. He called me, his handyman plumber, who had to replace 50' of rotten, galvanized pipe in his attic. dried out the socket, and all was fine.

This happened to a doctor I once worked for. He called me, his handyman plumber, who had to replace 50' of rotten, galvanized pipe in his attic. dried out the socket, and all was fine.
The socket will corrode later…..or maybe it won’t. 🤣

I had a guy call me with the weirdest problem ever.

The cabinet walls and doors under his lavatory would beadwith tiny drops of water and pool in the bottom of the cabinet.

What was the problem ? His wife had a bunch of crap in that cabinet and whatever it was leaked and mixed together. That soaked into the wood and created some type of chemical reaction. You couldn’t smell anything.

I told him he may need a Priest Like WPMS referred to an exorcism!!!🤣😳

Last edited:
I had a guy call me with the weirdest problem ever.

The cabinet walls and doors under his lavatory would beadwith tiny drops of water and pool in the bottom of the cabinet.

What was the problem ? His wife had a bunch of crap in that cabinet and whatever it was leaked and mixed together. That soaked into the wood and created some type of chemical reaction. You couldn’t smell anything.

I told him he may need a Priest Like WPMS referred to an exorcism!!!🤣😳
put a picture of the virgin Mary over it, watch it cry, call the national news for a story on it, set up a donation bucket for the thousands who will come see it. Problem solved!

put a picture of the virgin Mary over it, watch it cry, call the national news for a story on it, set up a donation bucket for the thousands who will come see it. Problem solved!
Don't forget to collect and bottle the tears and I'd like to be the first one to purchase a litre!

Back