Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: What TW said ⬆️

It serves as your “second pair of hands” when lifting a water heater up to an elevation.

It also helps bringing the old one down which is just as difficult being more heavy with old trapped sediment inside.

The boxed serve as a lever point to lift the bottom to your elevation. Also a pivot point to spin it into position. Once the bottom gets to your elevation push the top of the heater up.

Great trick for the trade!

Ah, it creates a fulcrum point to help both water heaters pivot in to position more easily. That makes sense. I saw the thing where you lay the heater on the box but didn't put together that it was used to pivot the water heater carefully. That is a cool trick! I'll have to remember that. I bet it can apply for other things... Maybe not ones that are too heavy though.

It has a polybutylene tank, or the last time I checked it did.

They Warranty it forever for the homeowner. It costs roughly double of the regular tank type.

you won’t get any rust.....

Its a deal if you make them honor the warranty forever 🤡

First time I’ve seen this style water heater…
View attachment 32672
View attachment 32673
What’s your thoughts on selling or owning this, please?

Thanks.
Offer them $950 and if they don’t take it bump it up to a $1,000. If they refuse that tell them you’ll give them $900 next week.

You can’t win if you don’t play and the game is free bro......

I talked myself into 25k of plumbing materials for 5k once. Started out as a joke, an hour later I was renting a uhaul to load it all up before the end of the day. Filled my house and garage up. It was ridiculous

View attachment 32672
View attachment 32673

Thanks.
I have the 85 gal model. ( 2nd one cause the 1st burned up in my house fire). I believe it was $1600 with a $700 rebate from the electric co. Great thanks, surprisingly lightweight but clumsy to move around. Rheem Marathon

View attachment 32672

If it's truly lifetime, would be an easy sale as you are standing there with a floor of water...

If nothing else, when was the last (significant) design change (mechanically or cosmetically) for a tanked water heater?

So why are they run in parallel rather than in series?

It’s not piped in parallel by plumbing standards. The drawing is an attempt at parallel piping.

The purpose is that each heater in a true parallel piping arrangement will out perform a series piping configuration in hot water delivery.

A parallel install also works both heaters equally.

A series piping config is easy to accomplish. It works with heaters of different sizes/types and the heaters do not have to be close to each other and the piping is simple.

I do series heaters in renovations and custom baths on a regular basis to accomplish several objectives.

Latest posts

Back