Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a long night of drinking that toilet might come in handy on the stairway.

Some day I'll go back and read all 26 pages. For now, though, what I've seen convinces me there's no professional who needs to be as smart as a plumber. And yes, I include medical professionals.

Working on a jammed toilet in an RV.
Despite warnings and signage, someone flushed a tampon, which the grinder pump could not handle.
So much fun trying to reach and work into a tiny space, 99DCAB2A-C0FE-4F36-B0CA-0ECA69835260.jpeg28B0E554-F4C2-4606-965F-42D790759479.jpegE7DEFD8F-4AE3-4B3C-93E3-94D5A6E9BE70.jpeg8B1CF6FF-96A1-4758-B077-B2AAFEAB9686.jpegsurrounded by a razor sharp stainless steel 846F0A17-57AD-4C9D-AFAB-247D89C39B9C.jpegopening.

Yikes. Jeff I hope you charged extra for getting cut up. That really sucks. Hope it doesn't get infected. I wonder if it was an accidental flush or if it was flushed on purpose. I've never used any so I don't know if they can just fall out or not.

They said it was just a simple kitchen sink faucet swap

7B21F959-F921-4844-8772-6F55953FA09A.jpeg
C964D4B8-EB41-4F8D-884C-6FAB32AF06C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Whenever a new client announces in advance that a job will take only an hour, they already have obtained all the necessary parts, or should be an easy swap etc, easy fix, that tells me two things.
That they are a cheap skate, and will be looking over my shoulder while working, asking annoying questions and telling me how to proceed.
And that the job is complicated and screwed up, and that they already had someone else out who told them that, and that the previous plumber was sent away or wisely got the heck out of there.

Whenever a new client announces in advance that a job will take only an hour, they already have obtained all the necessary parts, or should be an easy swap etc, easy fix, that tells me two things.
That they are a cheap skate, and will be looking over my shoulder while working, asking annoying questions and telling me how to proceed.
And that the job is complicated and screwed up, and that they already had someone else out who told them that, and that the previous plumber was sent away or wisely got the heck out of there.

I agree, In the pics above I was joking. Island sink with a disposal hanging in the way of the faucet. I had removed it in the pic

Last edited:
Yes, I knew what you meant.

I once had one of those “easy swap kitchen faucet jobs” that ended up being a deep corner sink.
With a disposal.
So it was really far and hard to reach, and the cabinet doors were skinny.
Luckily I was skinnier and more flexible back then, haha!
And the old faucet was on there for about thirty or forty years.
Old hose bib type of shutoff valves that were both frozen, and rusted onto the faucet supplies.
Faucet mounting nuts totally rusted but very heavy metal, and this was before I had a multi tool saw.
Main house water shutoff only closed about 3/4 of the way.
We had to open up most of the house faucets to relieve the pressure, and I still had to catch water as I changed out the old supply valves.

When you are laying upside down for a couple hours, half in the cabinet, half on the floor, with the edge of the cabinet digging into your back, some padding comes in mighty handy.

Sometimes a mechanic’s creeper will hold up the lower half of your back and hips at the same level as the bottom of the cabinet. All you do when young to save your back will pay dividends when you get older!

Someday in the distant future genetic engineers will produce plumbers with arms that include two elbows, hands with thumbs on both sides of each, fingernails made of tungsten carbide… And eyes on stalks like a snail!

Latest posts

Back