Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing might be a vent, or maybe a lint trap of some kind?

Change your supply hoses to burst proof braided type.
Your quote showed up by mistake. 🤣
That's another good point, sawguy.
Jeff, Thanks! We plan to replace the supply hoses. Not sure if we already bought some, but I will look for the braided steel ones.
Btw, are hammer arrestors still necessary on the shutoffs? I've seen some say they are no good and others say they are needed.
I don’t have arrestors at my house. 21 yrs, no problem so far. Copper tube and 80 psi. 90psi early in the morning.

One of these days I will check the PSI in my house. I still need to switch over to a better system for my well.

This dude did a video about washing machine plumbing and didn't know wtf he was talking about. LOL.
He told someone they could put a standpipe P-trap below the floor.

I of course had to weigh in with actual code references.

Now, I may be mistaken, but shouldn't the sink have an auxiliary vent or is it ok to sort of wet vent the washing machine under a laundry sink's vent? And shouldn't the cleanout be higher?
What sort of fitting is right for a cleanout anyway? A regular sanitary tee with the sweep going down? Or up? Or a special fitting?

I would say hammer arrestors only needed if you are getting banging sounds.
Depends on your plumbing in the walls, and how far from other fixtures I suppose.

I just piped a washing machine over a bathtub and toilet. The lavatory dumps on top of the washing machine tee.

All wet vented through 2” pvc.

Worked great, I tested it every way imaginable.

That’s what I did today....

Maybe an odd question: Can a fitting like this be used on a vertical vent pipe (say the vent for washing machine) as the cleanout for it?
1630796702360.png

Ok. Good. I wasn't sure what fitting was appropriate. I want to be able to rod out the laundry drain from inside if there are any problems. Hopefully there won't be.

That's another good point, sawguy.
Jeff, Thanks! We plan to replace the supply hoses. Not sure if we already bought some, but I will look for the braided steel ones.
Btw, are hammer arrestors still necessary on the shutoffs? I've seen some say they are no good and others say they are needed.
I didn't see any primer before he glued.
I didn't see any primer before he glued.
He primed it then glued it. Looks like he was using the clear primer

He primed it then glued it. Looks like he was using the clear primer
I wiped purple primer on outside of my joints once because inspector wouldn’t let me use clear primer.

He was as dumb as they come and never had put two pieces of pipe together in his life. He ended up being fired a few years later.

I don't think clear primer would work in my state. Code enforcement would be on you!
Plumbing inspector is a made up job by government. They’re not needed.

Does a car mechanic have a guy checking his work before your family gets in the car and hits 80 down the interstate ?

Does a doctor have a guy come by from the city to make sure he put the stitches in right ?

Does a guy from the city check that the chicken breast is done before the waitress brings it out ?

Does a guy from the city check the plane after the pilot and the air crew clear it for take off ?

I could go on and on. All in good fun 🤣

Is there a difference in the strength of purple primer vs clear? Or is it only so the inspectors can see that there is primer used?

I know they don't allow PVC for cold water anymore because the inspectors can't always tell if it is for cold or hot so they just said all has to be CPVC, copper, or PEX instead. At least where I live anyway. Which is part of why I want to replace all of my stuff with PEX (but also bc PVC can get brittle over time).

Is there a difference in the strength of purple primer vs clear? Or is it only so the inspectors can see that there is primer used?

I know they don't allow PVC for cold water anymore because the inspectors can't always tell if it is for cold or hot so they just said all has to be CPVC, copper, or PEX instead. At least where I live anyway. Which is part of why I want to replace all of my stuff with PEX (but also bc PVC can get brittle over time).
There is no difference in the primer except for the color.

Around here you can use either one. They figure that if it wasn't done properly it will show up in the final
inspection and then its our problem to find the leak. To change the subject a little many years ago I had a customer
call me and tell me the gas man wouldn't turn her gas back on because I forgot to dope a fitting. I told him he was
crazy. He waited on me to get there and I had to tear the 11/4 line apart to show him he was wrong. He said I
had to dope clear past the threads so it can be seen better.

I prefer some of these house flippers have to go through inspection. I have seen some crazy stuff these people try and pull.

As a repair plumber I find countless mistakes and violations on a regular basis that passed inspection on new construction.

Then you hear stories at the supply house of inspection stickers being handed over at lunch with the inspector never going to the job.

It’s all about the money around here.

Latest posts

Back