Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up being the high water alarm float crapped the bed. Customer opted to not replace it. It’s a “ sometimes “ bathroom.
They should at least set a little battery powered water alarm on top of the lid for the pit.
Better than having a stink water flood and not knowing it, until carpets or lower drywall and insulation are soaked.

They should at least set a little battery powered water alarm on top of the lid for the pit.
Better than having a stink water flood and not knowing it, until carpets or lower drywall and insulation are soaked.
The pit is located outside and has an overflow.

The pump serves pool house bath.

There is no basement.

6’ deep hand dug with shovels.

4” clay pipe at the bottom of the hole.

8F6691B3-C256-4D11-9FAF-AC95B50F2ED5.jpeg

Poop Pump Pit on deck.

2” ballvalve just outside the pit in a meter box.
Stainless Piping into a heavy duty Zoller check thang.
BA629399-C919-412E-A1B9-5CB831EFFA80.jpeg
That basin is reinforced spun fiberglass. 60” deep but extensions are available. 24” diameter.

Termite colony under a toilet.

I immediately stopped work snd called the owner. Then I taped a plastic bag over the flange.

Termite company is coming to address the issue then I’m going back to plug the drain.

CFA7B1C4-9F6A-4E0A-9895-370D470044D4.jpeg76021A34-84E9-4B7D-ABEC-1A236FB01648.jpeg

I was there to replace the toilet. Now they will probably cut the ceiling open from below and treat the whole area. I don’t know..... Job is postponed.

Wow, he had better beef up his insurance then, what a cheapskate jerk!

9 out of 10 people refuse them here. Only certain neighborhoods need them.

When I work in those neighborhoods, I take a pic of my gauge and notify the owner. All documented.

I still have some liability I’m sure. Oh well.......good money. 👍

That high pressure is stressing all the fittings and connections if pex, pvc, cpvc, whatever.
Also likely to prematurely age cartridges and washers on all fixtures.

That high pressure is stressing all the fittings and connections if pex, pvc, cpvc, whatever.
Also likely to prematurely age cartridges and washers on all fixtures.
Yep, the whole neighborhood. Only a few homes have PRV’s.

My city installs them for free. Since all the new houses, they needed to increase pressure, so spending $200 on a PRV is less costly that paying for pipe bursts.

Latest posts

Back