Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to the pics to determine which ones are crimped. For the crimp fitting it looks like the one on the left (blue pipe) is crimped due to the way the end is bent. Not sure on the red one. Looks about the same on the one with the cinch clamp.

I like cinch clamps because I'm a monkey and the cinch tool was cheaper than the other tool. I have one that has a blue light when the crimp is done tightly enough.

Going back to the pics to determine which ones are crimped. For the crimp fitting it looks like the one on the left (blue pipe) is crimped due to the way the end is bent. Not sure on the red one. Looks about the same on the one with the cinch clamp.

I like cinch clamps because I'm a monkey and the cinch tool was cheaper than the other tool. I have one that has a blue light when the crimp is done tightly enough.
I have a couple of those cinch tools. They must be kept clean. I use the cinch type clamps in tight situations. I have just about every type crimper made, except battery.

I'm glad you mentioned they need to be kept clean. I'll have to make sure mine is clean. I need to find it in my truck. It's in there somewhere- but it's been so damn hot that I need to wait for it to cool off before I go searching.

Had a customer call today with very hot water. Electric water heater.

Ended up be a bad element causing the issue.

Is that black plastic box in the way of the float rising fully?

I just got a service call for a sewage pump with the alarm sounding. They silenced it with the button but need it looked at.

I need a volunteer y’all.......🤣

@Jeff Handy pack your bags and poop boots. 🤡

Sorry, I'm busy. Mama forgot to close the fridge properly last night, so we woke up to the sound of the refrigerator high temperature alarm blasting loudly at 4:45AM.

Sorry, I'm busy. Mama forgot to close the fridge properly last night, so we woke up to the sound of the refrigerator high temperature alarm blasting loudly at 4:45AM.

Ended up being the high water alarm float crapped the bed. Customer opted to not replace it. It’s a “ sometimes “ bathroom.

Well, it's better organized than my truck... LOL. Cleaner too.

I bought one of those high temp alarms for an older freezer at my dad’s house.
Battery powered.
Yes, it had an a/c one built in, but about twice a year both the thermostat and alarm would just stop working, and pushing a reset button fixed it.
But the food would have been spoiled in the meantime.
The battery powered alarm saved us several times from losing all the frozen food.
Finally bought a new freezer, because the old one sounded like a whale singing mating calls.

I just got a service call for a sewage pump with the alarm sounding. They silenced it with the button but need it looked at.

I need a volunteer y’all.......🤣

@Jeff Handy pack your bags and poop boots. 🤡
Those jobs are usually not too bad, as long as the pit is not in a small closet or under stairs, or some other horrible access.
Sometimes just the pump float gets hung up with paper or caught on something.
That is one of a few jobs that I charge extra for, hourly rate plus combat pay for dealing with smelling, seeing, and handling crap and stink water.
Another is augering a toilet filled to the brim with a world record python sized turd from King Kong.

Back