Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common problem with that system.

With less experience than either of you, and DIY, the only leak I had was chronic from the beginning. When the cuts are made correctly and the tool is not damaged and is used correctly, I have not had problems. The one leak was when I used a cut that was slightly off the 90 degree angle.

When you find problems, have those been poorly connected, or do you find problems when the cuts and crimping look good?

There are no problems with the crimp system. It works fine if it’s properly assembled. That’s up to the installer.

The crimp system weak link is, that its not visually clear when something has been connected. You need a go no go gauge or you have to physically handle the joint.

Yes the joints that leak either haven't been fully crimped or have crooked cuts or the bands haven't been installed on the correct position.

The crimp system weak link is, that its not visually clear when something has been connected. You need a go no go gauge or you have to physically handle the joint.

Yes the joints that leak either haven't been fully crimped or have crooked cuts or the bands haven't been installed on the correct position.

The crimp rings I use give you visual indication that the crimp has been made.

Anyone that wants to read on this can I'm not here to make clear what is already clear.

Same with pro press doesn't lend itself to visual inspection.

Half crimp those two. Then look at them. This a really a simple concept.

i don’t use propress. We are not talking about propress.

I don’t talk about things I don’t know about without disclosing it.

A downside is a downside. It applies to this inferior system and propress.

A downside is a downside. It applies to this inferior system and propress.

There’s no downside for me. It works flawlessly. That’s why it’s so popular.

I keep hundreds of fittings in stock and have been using the system since approx 1996.

I don’t consider installation error a downside. Any material can be installed improperly.

Last edited:
We don't crimp so I don't have that problem...We do use Propress though.

We've had many pro press jobs where a joint doesn't get pressed. It never got to the point of being buried in a finished wall, but it happens a lot. We don't crimp either.

I agree that crimping pex isn’t for everyone.

People who don’t take responsibility for their oversights or mistakes shouldn’t use it. Or plumbers who have a habit of F’n simple things up.

Your the only professional plumber I know who uses that system.

You dont know me.

The system is very popular, that’s why literally millions of fittings and rings are sold and installed every year over the past 20+ yrs.

Latest posts

Back