Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nowadays the helper would bring a pex expander back you to, and give you the finger.

I had a vessel sink today with a grid strainer.

It would fill up about half way then release a small bubble then flush almost like a toilet without the gurgle. It would drain super fast and suck air behind it.

All piping clean, trapped properly and vented. Practically a brand new house.

Just a FYI post.

The tailpiece wasn't too long?
Nope, 12” or so.

1.5” trap and slip extension. 1.25 tailpiece coming off the vessel.

Went into the wall with 1.5” pvc made a 90 then had a 18” or so arm connected to a 2” stack with a sanitary tee..

I had the wall open on the other side so I could see it all.

Last edited:
I had a vessel sink today with a grid strainer.

It would fill up about half way then release a small bubble then flush almost like a toilet without the gurgle. It would drain super fast and suck air behind it.

All piping clean, trapped properly and vented. Practically a brand new house.

Just a FYI post.

That brought back a good memory from when I was in school and my brother would visit with his kids, and the youngest would go into the bathroom, close the door and spend a lot of time in there. When you heard her giggling, you knew she was playing in the sink again. She would stopper the sink, fill the bowl as far as possible, then unplug the drain and watch while the siphon storm pulled the water down and made that sucking noise. Over and over.

This was more than a few decades ago. I have wondered what about that plumbing arrangement caused this to happen. Best guess was that it sloped much more than 1/4".

PerplexedPlumber, at least she didn't stuff the sink full of toilet paper. My friend's ex's son did that- more than once. My friend had to get a new P-trap because he could not get all the gunk out. It also caused the sink to overflow and flood the bathroom. Friend told me he regretted saving that kid from choking to death on balloons multiple times (kid would chew on them and somehow they would slip down his throat & get stuck).

PerplexedPlumber, at least she didn't stuff the sink full of toilet paper. My friend's ex's son did that- more than once. My friend had to get a new P-trap because he could not get all the gunk out. It also caused the sink to overflow and flood the bathroom. Friend told me he regretted saving that kid from choking to death on balloons multiple times (kid would chew on them and somehow they would slip down his throat & get stuck).
That was Mother Nature, trying to take that fool out, before he could reproduce more demon spawn like himself.

Yeah, I truly hope the kid does not breed. His mom is super stupid and his dad is so super stupid he gets social security for it. You can explain a very simple concept to the mom and her response will be "That don't make no damn sense!"

This is a "plumbing" pic in that it's in a bathroom & there's a toilet
1621469584640.png
They want over $720 for that recessed wall piece.
Could probably make one for less than $50. Makes me wish I was better at woodworking.

Hey, hey! Speaking for the stupid. And we prefer "slow".... I forget but just remember. That. Which we spoke of. Here, that time. You know what I mean...

Zanne, Could buy a shelf. (thinking goodwill) and some molding. Do the framing like a window. Double 2x4 above it. Waiting for the paint to dry would be longest part.
Tools and materials, less than 100 bucks. (really liking this and ya got me thinking. Really is a cool feature for the excra-meditation room! LoL, slide out desk platform, computer/tv stand? Magazin rack/toiletry display case.... hehe, game console?

wut? said I was slow.

LOL. I love the idea of the recessed storage. Don't even need to buy a shelf. Could just get some 1x4s, some molding, some glue, and some brad nails. The part for the trash is just some sort of holder for a bag and the door opens up like a regular cabinet door. It's so stupidly simple. They did have options for magazine racks too. Using little spindles. Could probably get everything you need to make it for under $50 (at least, that was Spicoli's assessment on the houserepairtalk forum). He also said they were smoking serious crack with that price. I agree. And $721 was the base price. That particular one was like $760+
I'm already designing my own recessed tp holder for a lot less. Got the frame/trim for $1 already. I can use scrap wood for a lot of it.

LOL. I love the idea of the recessed storage. Don't even need to buy a shelf. Could just get some 1x4s, some molding, some glue, and some brad nails. The part for the trash is just some sort of holder for a bag and the door opens up like a regular cabinet door. It's so stupidly simple. They did have options for magazine racks too. Using little spindles. Could probably get everything you need to make it for under $50 (at least, that was Spicoli's assessment on the houserepairtalk forum). He also said they were smoking serious crack with that price. I agree. And $721 was the base price. That particular one was like $760+
I'm already designing my own recessed tp holder for a lot less. Got the frame/trim for $1 already. I can use scrap wood for a lot of it.
Some people do not think it’s any good if they didn’t buy the most expensive one they can find.

The smart craftsman that can’t mass produce will price his items high and make them high quality. Instead of making 5 of them for $150 each he makes one when the customer orders it for $700 and it’s exclusive.

I try do this with plumbing service. I price my labor high and this usually gives me a customer that puts the price secondary and their wants primary. Some don’t even ask price, they’ve heard good things and want that experience.

Similar to a guy who wants a $100 steak at a fine steakhouse when he could buy a $8.00 steak at the greasy spoon. Their both steak but there’s more to it than that.

Latest posts

Back