Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just crawled out from under that nasty house cutting cast iron out to make a connection point..

Had to cut the toilet arm and all that crap under there,

There goes this ladies discount. Too bad sooooo sad.

I’m sitting in the supply house parking lot waiting on my helper to bring my fitting list out.

And a cold drink, it’s in the 80’s with high humidity 80% , swamp butt by 9am

Last edited:
I just crawled out from under that nasty house cutting cast iron out to make a connection point..

Had to cut the toilet arm and all that crap under there,

There goes this ladies discount. Too bad sooooo sad.

I’m sitting in the supply house parking lot waiting on my helper to bring my fitting list out.

And a cold drink, it’s in the 80’s with high humidity 80% , swamp butt buy 9am
Hotel looking good now? It's 70 degrees.

Hotel looking good now? It's 70 degrees.
No, because I’m done now and I’m at home at my desk with a check for $950 with only $50 in materials on the job.
My helper is my wife so all the money stays in the family. She hands me tools and materials under the house and makes the invoices. Helps me clean up.

I had 6 hrs on the job.

Tomorrow I’ll be back inside changing washers and flappers 😄. Might get tough though and have to reset a toilet.......🤓

Last edited:
I was way overdue too. My truck was an embarrassment. I made an anchors & screws organizer in one of my bins which helped make space greatly. All nipples & fittings are organized. With everything in its place & all unnecessary items trashed, I feel much better.

My old truck always seemed to drive better after I cleaned it. 🤷‍♂️

New truck I don’t let it get in a mess.

Sounds like you had the machine running in the wrong direction.
If you run it in the wrong direction when the cable head hits something snd stops rotating the cable will jump out of the machine and wrap you up.

If you have it running in the right direction but have too much cable out it will wrap you up as well if the head stops turning.

There is definitely an art to working a cable......

I have a hand operated machine that my helper nearly cut his finger off with. It was hanging by the skin on the palm side. The machine built up torque and it started back spinning like a boat winch......he tried to stop it. It was a mess. I had warned him many times.

Your 100 % right, TwoWax! There is a picture on reddit of a guy who was running a drum machine and the tip of his finger in the cable. The next picture is one of the stump complete with bone that is left on his hand.

I have a drain cleaning business and have been running these things for years. I can't believe they rent them. Really dangerous pieces of equipment.

LoL, I once spent about 10 minutes yelling for help as both my hands were literally tied up in a loop of cable that spun out of a machine just like you said. I stopped paying attention for just a quick minute and bam. I done a-look a-stupid. So embarrassing! The home owner had to come down stairs and rotate the drum until my not broken but not happy, either hands could be freed up.

This was after months of training and years of use. Just goes to show ya. The most dangerous guy is the one who "knows what he is doing" LoL.

This was after months of training and years of use. Just goes to show ya. The most dangerous guy is the one who "knows what he is doing" LoL.
[/QUOTE]

This is literally true. Statistically the people who get hurt the most are the ones who are brand new, and the ones who have the most experience. The ones who don't know what can happen and the ones who think it won't happen.

Opinions welcomed.

I have a customer that wants this water heater drained, a catch pan installed and then reinstall the water heater.

It’s date of manufacture is 01/2008 making it 13+ yrs old.

What you you do ?
View attachment 28654
Offer them the option? Ya just know, no matter what it's gonna be a "well, it worked fine for years until you touched it" sort of deal.

October of 87. JG just got out of diapers probably. 🤣

I was in high school and an apprentice on service truck.

Offer them the option? Ya just know, no matter what it's gonna be a "well, it worked fine for years until you touched it" sort of deal.

I did that job, no problems yet. I checked the elements and thermos before I left.

Everything worked fine, Not always the case.

Awesome, 2Wax.

My luck would have had it going off like the myth buster's show. When they were making bouncing betties out of 'em.

A56A6530-D290-4DF3-B7A5-F7727BEF3655.jpeg
Homeowner refused a pressure reducing valve.
He signed that he has been notified of the dangers and refuses a pressure reducing valve.

His main water line broke at the entrance to the foundation. PVC adapter. I repaired and then checked his pressure.

It’s the fuse for the pipe stretcher. Jeez you guys are green🤡

Rheem water heater TRD.
I save them out of heaters that I replace.

Latest posts

Back