Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We paint our gas lines. Indoors not so much, unless the environment calls for it.

I agree the steel is getting bad.
I use sch40 304 or 316 stainless. It’s way better that the stainless “ flex line “ people are using. That’s for sure.

At one time I could buy stainless for just a little more that steel. Not sure about today, I have inventory that I’m using, I haven’t bought any in a while. Price may be through the roof for all I know

Jeff, I've come across worse in old catalogs. Pretty hideous. I found it funny. I've seen the toilet skirts & tank covers in pink and such. I don't think they are for functional bathrooms. I'd never seen the reference to the toilet's wedding though & now I can't unsee it. LOL.

Big hole in 4” cast iron stack. Took dishwasher out in kitchen to access.
The tee at the top is for a lavatory in the master bath. 2F215051-89EF-49EC-BAAF-B066C14650D7.jpeg

First job today was a pool bathroom toilet running non stop. Pool bath with the blue door.
B0D0ACAE-895D-4FDB-8B8A-21F1BEF91ABD.jpeg9E1ED950-9932-4E2B-B319-79038A26FB95.jpegCB0D6F61-504F-40D8-AAFE-7487E44E0EA6.jpeg
Easy money

B43D26B4-75AA-4C3A-B63B-6F522469E339.jpeg
Check the revent out, back to the cast stack. Below the fixture rim and sagging. There’s a san tee in the wall that standing up right, top goes where you see and the drain portion goes down and 90 degree back to the 4” cast in the crawlspace.
It’s a mess.
It’s going to stay like that too. 👍

Im only going to repair the immediate problems that are leaking. Durham system on the lavatory leaking too.

Lady barely has enough money for meds every month. I’m giving her a discount.

That’s a vent.

I use a hammer to avoid cutting anything in the wall like wires or pipe. I cut it out square later or let the carpenter do it.

What you see cut with a saw was after I could see into the wall.

I’ll probably seal this one up for her with some thin plywood, might not.

I use a drywall hand saw, you can pretty much feel what is back there.
Short stabs, cutting almost parallel to the face of the drywall.
The blade just barely penetrates (she said).

I do bang a few holes first, to peek in before cutting.

Once in a rare while I cut through or nick a phone wire or coax or alarm wiring.
Phone wires are often dead now anyway.

Not much Romex in my area, almost all conduit, some armored cable.

Why would that vertical section corrode away, maybe drain cleaner too often over the years?

There were two Romex cables in that cavity floating around.

The drywall was already damaged from water on the lower half of the wall, it fell apart.

I think cutting makes more dust.

It doesn’t matter how it’s taken out because it’ll never be repaired but rather covered up.

So that’s that.

Why the leak ? It’s 70 years old and probably sewer gas attacked it and it cracked, normal wear and tear.

It’s a single stack house

Looks too much like real work JG. I’d rather change toilet parts and piddle in single family homes.

Latest posts

Back