Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope your ankle heals quickly, Twowaxhack. Has it turned purple and green yet? Have you been keeping it elevated and wrapped? One thing I found that helped was wrapping from the foot on up. If I did it from ankle down, it would make my foot swell more.

It’s turning black, even my toes. I feel like it’s getting better everyday but it’s a long way from healed. 👍

Yikes. Remember the acronym RICE; Rest Ice Compression Elevation. When I borked both my ankles it took a couple months to heal. The dislocated one took 2 years before I could walk on it normally. I sometimes have trouble with inclines and uneven surfaces still. Once it heals, it's also important to do rotation and stretch exercises.
Don't know if it counts as a plumbing pic per se, but I've been playing with Sketchup trying to draw the vanity and mirror for my guest bathroom. I got the mirror and cabinet drawn OK but the vanity top is a pita to draw. Sketchup lacks the tools to get the curves right. I may scrap the current version and start over. Can't seem to get the angles and curves right on the edges. From the edges it flares out, downward and forward. It looks like it might not be so hard to draw, but no, it doesn't want to cooperate. LOL.
For reference, this is the actual photo of it (sitting in a defunct shower/storage area collecting dust and bugs)
20140129_015434.jpg20140130_205955.jpgeurovanityfrontjpg.jpg

And here's my sketch:
mirrorvanitysketchup2.png

I’ll post some pics when I get it finished.
D0050631-DF3E-4738-82AE-E56B06B8277E.jpeg

Didn’t do anything but drain 3/4 of the tank then drop it into the pan. Put a hose cap on the drain, it wasn’t leaking.

Connected everything back up just like it was 👍

New buyer said that’s all he wanted and that’s what we did. I wasn’t going to argue about it.

Electricians are going to install a quick disconnect on Monday but I went ahead and reconnected the wire and did a quick amp draw test on the thermostats and cycled the thermostats.

Edit: putting more lipstick on the pig.

Last edited:
Yikes. Remember the acronym RICE; Rest Ice Compression Elevation. When I borked both my ankles it took a couple months to heal. The dislocated one took 2 years before I could walk on it normally. I sometimes have trouble with inclines and uneven surfaces still. Once it heals, it's also important to do rotation and stretch exercises.
Don't know if it counts as a plumbing pic per se, but I've been playing with Sketchup trying to draw the vanity and mirror for my guest bathroom. I got the mirror and cabinet drawn OK but the vanity top is a pita to draw. Sketchup lacks the tools to get the curves right. I may scrap the current version and start over. Can't seem to get the angles and curves right on the edges. From the edges it flares out, downward and forward. It looks like it might not be so hard to draw, but no, it doesn't want to cooperate. LOL.
For reference, this is the actual photo of it (sitting in a defunct shower/storage area collecting dust and bugs)
View attachment 28681View attachment 28682View attachment 28683

And here's my sketch:
View attachment 28684

Nice vanity.
Looks good Zanne!

TW, please take Zanne’s advice 🙃👍

View attachment 28681View attachment 28682View attachment 28683

And here's my sketch:
View attachment 28684

I also saw the barn your planning to build. Very nicely drawn. I truly hope it comes to full fruition and better than expected!

BB885ED2-F9C1-4E5C-94FE-0F38A30C48B4.jpeg

Nice vanity.
Looks good Zanne!

TW, please take Zanne’s advice 🙃👍

I have to install a few lavatory faucets on Monday and and a few service calls on Tuesday. So I’m on light duty, turning work down is no fun when it’s good customers.

Here are a couple gas test gauges.
49B667DF-1CA6-44CD-A0E0-7DFDA903847B.jpeg

I work a lot on the water, so I like stainless. It lasts forever.

I picked up these stainless screws and use them in place of some factory screws in some situations. Outdoor kitchens, pool house dishwashers, ice makers.
B8D4B988-D4FE-4FCB-8D9F-94AFD0D5A3C2.jpeg

We have to put 1022’s (carbonated back flow device) on coffee and soda machines. We use a Zern 3/8” RPZ anytime we have a coffee or soda connection on the blue prints.

This is my preferred method which inspectors love. After the RPZ’s, the 1/2” copper water line goes back into the wall & to its appropriate IMB with valve & hammer arresters.

I left it as an attachment so you can zoom in.
✌️🤠👍

Attachments

• 5F4558CE-F545-4AE6-A1C2-3ED74052A57C.jpeg
    5F4558CE-F545-4AE6-A1C2-3ED74052A57C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
I made this for bathtub overflows that flop around when you take the face plate off to seal it up so you can plunge effectively.

I have another one with a hole in it to accept my cable. Keeps me from disrupting the overflow when cabling.

6F1059EC-D6A5-455D-9AC4-06538FEDBEE7.jpegA1A07E7C-DBB6-495D-AC2B-F837F8F0DDAE.jpeg

Here’s an interesting little job I had last summer.5D61E224-7A18-460C-8C44-2CB77299285D.jpeg
This concrete slab is 39” below sidewalk level. This upfit requires a raised floor to sidewalk level. This handicap bathroom will have a concrete footer built 39” high with foam board under the bathroom floor. You can see the rebar placed and my marker layout on the floor. The floor drain is for a coffee bar, this side of the bathroom.

The 4” is for a toilet carrier. I had to explain what concrete I needed at 39” to have a solid surface to properly anchor the carrier down. I ordered a Zern low profile which only takes up minimum 8” of wall space.

The plumbing rough does look unique.
The job turned out fine.

I found pics of the setup for my pump with two pulley wheels (BuzzLOL on houserepairtalk was speculating about how it works- I just know the wheels turn with the belt and air pressure builds up & metal pipes get hot). He thinks the air gets forced down a smaller pipe inside the larger one and air bubbles up with water or something and water pours from the pipe in the cistern lid in to the cistern. Does that sound about right? Anyone familiar with this system?
pulleypump.pngcisternfill.png

This lady had bugs that ate her house.
8315496C-F4B8-4225-BA28-E64BD281DB83.jpegC2F93A5C-EDD2-40B1-AD1A-A0537BA95F74.jpeg
Welcome to the guest bedroom. 1200ad Decor, dirt floor.

Stainless is nice. Did you have to thread any of it? The only problem with stainless is gauling. And it's a little leaky if your not diligent. I will say I've never seen it for gas. I'll have to do some reading on that.

Stainless is nice. Did you have to thread any of it? The only problem with stainless is gauling. And it's a little leaky if your not diligent. I will say I've never seen it for gas. I'll have to do some reading on that.
Nope. I only use it to fit up equipment.

I typically run copper gas lines for residential. At the equipment I change to stainless.

That’s the way I’ll do it until I quit.....🤙.

Work I’ve done years ago still looks great while I’m replacing cheap foreign steel nipples in our salty wet environment.

Enjoy the read.

We paint our gas lines. Indoors not so much, unless the environment calls for it.

I agree the steel is getting bad.

Latest posts

Back