Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That shelving IS removable.
One cut down the middle, then yank or bash both pieces out.
They donā€™t like that option, I would be gone.

Jeff, calm down some. šŸ¤£

I asked if I could cut the shelf out if I needed to. She said I could. I dint need to. šŸ˜¬

If I can reach it with one hand I can solder itZ . šŸ˜Ž

I would love to take you on a few jobs with me.

I have done some of those ā€œimpossibleā€ or ā€œunreachableā€ jobs, jobs that others turned down or said would need the cabinet removed first, or access cut from behind or below etc.
My nickname among some friends used to be ā€œthe beanpoleā€.
Now I have shrunk a few inches and have bad arthritis, so that shelf would be coming out, zip zip it is done.
ā€œThe price of progressā€ is what I tell people.

I did have to chase some black widows and brown recluses away when I crawled under the house as a kid.
My friend didn't send me those pics of the wires under the house until AFTER we both crawled under. I would have shut off the power if I'd seen them. I did actually warn him about one wire that I felt some tingling from as I passed it. But he didn't see it and hit it. Jolted him up so he hit his head on a joist and pissed himself. I felt really bad about it. Next time he's out I'm shutting power to it off, checking to make sure it has no juice, and putting conduit over it.
I really need to get all the old pipes pulled out from under there. Too much of a jumbled jungle to make sense of.

As for snakes, I've encountered a few. That's why we bring machetes.

The only place I wonā€™t put my torch is where I canā€™t see. That will get you into trouble real quick. Especially in a wall cavity. šŸ˜³
Acetylene torches give you so much more control than those torches at homey depotZ

I did a deep skinny hand dig once, similar to your parking lot dig in the red clay.
Others had said it would need an excavator machine, but there was no access.
It was to repair a broken sump pump discharge coming through a basement wall.
The last foot of digging, and during the repair, a helper had to hold my feet, I was upside down in the hole.

Iā€™m slowly cutting off those type jobs anyway. I only do them when the job progresses into digging or theyā€™re very good customers.

I wouldnā€™t be interested in a dig job if it came in as an ā€œ estimate ā€œ. In fact I quit quoting jobs unless the total will be over $2,000.00. Itā€™s just not worth the time to write it up.

My average job gets billed 2 hrs and the labor is between $300 and $350. I do 3-4
Jobs a day.,,

Saturday minimum service call is $250.

Every other holiday,Sunday or nights is $300 minimum.

Little parts and pieces get 100% mark up.
Everything else is 30% or as much as I can get.......

I donā€™t take calls from the general public without a referral, typically. Depends on who it is and if theyā€™re price shopping.

I usually shut the price shoppers down immediately. I donā€™t have time for that, better said, I donā€™t want to make time for that.

Iā€™m not near the cheapest and Iā€™m not going to attempt to tell you why Iā€™m worth it.

Here is what happens when a foreclosed homeowner decides to "get even"

My dad had all sorts of horror stories from when he was a property manager looking after several apartment buildings.

They had to evict a tenant for non-payment of rental fees, gave him to the end of the month to move out. When the tenant was gone, my dad discovered they'd taken EVERYTHING with them. All the light fixtures, all the electrical outlets and switches, all the plumbing fixtures, faucets, toilets, etc, they'd even pulled up all the hardwood flooring. Nice.

My dad had all sorts of horror stories from when he was a property manager looking after several apartment buildings.

They had to evict a tenant for non-payment of rental fees, gave him to the end of the month to move out. When the tenant was gone, my dad discovered they'd taken EVERYTHING with them. All the light fixtures, all the electrical outlets and switches, all the plumbing fixtures, faucets, toilets, etc, they'd even pulled up all the hardwood flooring. Nice.

Gypsies do that. Had some here SELL the portable building and a carport that was rented with the house.

They too took everything they could including doors and light fixtures.

They left town at 2am, the neighbors watched.....

Twowaxhack, my neighbors aren't gypsies, but that is the type of people they are. If they'd had more time and the space to take more of our stuff they would have. When the carpet installer was putting in new stuff he discovered a very bottom shelf of built-in shelving wasn't nailed down. He said "Oh, I thought that was nailed down" and I said "I'm surprised it's still here". My tenants stole electrical outlets, doorknobs, doors, curtains, a couple of circuit boxes, tools, lanterns, phone jacks, wiring, copper pipes, & all sorts of stuff. Caught them trying to steal our landline phone after we got back. They tried to argue it was theirs & I pointed out it ahd our family's names and friends as contacts on the labels. They weren't moved out when they were supposed to be out and had left boxes they'd packed up and I saw some of our stuff at the top. I searched through and took our stuff out and put it elsewhere in the house. Changed the locks immediately. Tenants kicked the door in and found some of the stuff so they could still take it (that was months after we moved back). They continued to come back on to our property for about a year and a half to steal stuff. Got mad when we had some of their junker cars hauled off after we'd told them repeatedly to get them off our property. I think we waited 2 years on having those hauled off.
I would never ever rent property again-- especially not in this area.

We do a lot of work for Banks on their foreclosures properties and we'd be thankful they took everything - save us doing the demo :O).

We've had "unhappy" ex-owners who were kind enough to put a bag of mortar mix own every drain!!!

Hello, Is this the plumber ?

Yes, this is the Pipe King .....how my I help thee ?

I have a leak under my foundation and everyone Iā€™ve talk to wants to tear my floors up because the building is so low to the ground.

The Pipe King has shovels and if ye have money Ye has not a thing to fear.
We shall dig under and stop ye leaks

AA78204E-1392-49C7-9BBD-F089D2D02BF5.png

F45E9006-BC13-4DD8-BE86-B8F120BE4C96.jpeg1F206434-D6F3-458B-9FED-D215949E6A17.jpegF24B1AAC-D858-48BA-8D5E-9DB173392E7A.jpeg07E4F547-AF7F-4045-9326-FD4E467C42E0.jpeg
Huge house had two sewage ejectors.
Breaker tripped.....

I reset and it would trip out at 34 amps.

Relay was making a terrific rattle and hum. Replaced start capacitor, if failed and was out of spec.
Replaced relay.

Still no satisfaction.

Threw my spare pump in the hole and pumped it to the manhole in the street 100ā€™ away.

Pulled the pump and found it stuff full of tampons.

The owner looked at me and asked ā€œ how did those get in there ? ā€œ

I said ā€œ I donā€™t know who put them in there but I know where theyā€™ve been ā€œ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Not a plumbing pic, but I saw this in mom's eye doctor's office.
WTF-electrical.jpg

We had to dig out like that for the plumber to get under our house as well. He refused to do the digging himself. The soil type even looks like ours (sandy loam). That is what the dirt under my house is like.

View attachment 28423

We had to dig out like that for the plumber to get under our house as well. He refused to do the digging himself. The soil type even looks like ours (sandy loam). That is what the dirt under my house is like.

Looks like my breaker locator. Made by Romex doesnā€™t need batteries.

View attachment 28423

Sandy Loam, she was my old girlfriend. šŸ˜¬

You guys have it way to easy. When you dig here, there may be 1" or 3" of soil, then there is rock- small rocks, medium size rocks, large rocks, and after you dig for a while, rocks as big as your cars. When you dig a basement, someone will inevitably suggest dynamite. When you drive through this area and wonder why some houses have those rocks in your yard, it is from a sense of triumph. And when you prepare a footing for a concrete slab, there is no "loose soil" for shower stubs, we use limestone gravel.

Latest posts

Back