Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is that machine that was used for digging the trench? I wonder how much it costs to rent them. And how heavy is it?

Sump pit area drain in a residential parking area. Replaced dead effluent pump wit 2” outlet and sized correctly. Not good flow at the terminus at the curb. Took three days of hand digging and cutting out sections on a 200‘ 4“ thin wall to send snake/camera down. Baffled no more, except to think it was in there from date of original installation 😜

Attachments

• 2395959C-A2C6-4760-9019-EF594519EA91.jpeg
    2395959C-A2C6-4760-9019-EF594519EA91.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 0
That customer will never call another well repairman and be told “ it’ll be 2 weeks “

He just moved into the home a couple years ago. He’s 51 yrs old.

For 49 yrs he couldn’t remember one day when the city water didn’t work……

But in just 2 years he’s had MULTIPLE well pumps fail MULTIPLE times. The same pump failed twice.

One things for certain, his well problems are over because he’s not relying on a well any longer.

4D5BE0C4-5B1A-4631-B555-E0A881A45551.jpeg

A friend of mine in another state is getting her bathroom renovated to be more ADA friendly for her disabled sister. She's her sister's caregiver and the bathroom was not working well for them. I think she had a tub before. She sent me pictures of the progress thus far.
1681347276556.png1681347292091.png1681347322396.png1681347351081.png
They have assured her that this setup is completely waterproof. I hope the curb won't be hard to get her sister's wheelchair over and that there will be enough room for her to wash her sister's hair and clean her up in the shower. The sister is apparently unable to do that herself. Some childhood illness apparently addled her brain so she has the mind of a child and she became diabetic (not sure if that was as a child or adult). When their parents died, my friend took over her care and has been caring for her every since (which has been a few decades now). Her sister needs constant supervision/care but fortunately, another sister of hers has moved closer to help. For a long time she was the sole caregiver.
Not sure if they are going to tile over or if that blue paint is the final coat.

A friend of mine in another state is getting her bathroom renovated to be more ADA friendly for her disabled sister. She's her sister's caregiver and the bathroom was not working well for them. I think she had a tub before. She sent me pictures of the progress thus far.
View attachment 39995View attachment 39996View attachment 39997View attachment 39998
They have assured her that this setup is completely waterproof. I hope the curb won't be hard to get her sister's wheelchair over and that there will be enough room for her to wash her sister's hair and clean her up in the shower. The sister is apparently unable to do that herself. Some childhood illness apparently addled her brain so she has the mind of a child and she became diabetic (not sure if that was as a child or adult). When their parents died, my friend took over her care and has been caring for her every since (which has been a few decades now). Her sister needs constant supervision/care but fortunately, another sister of hers has moved closer to help. For a long time she was the sole caregiver.
Not sure if they are going to tile over or if that blue paint is the final coat.
The shower arm is improper. It’s not vented and it’s creating an S-trap.

The shower is also connected to the 3” with a sanitary tee laid on its side, that’s also improper. It should be a wye or a combination fitting.

They should’ve got rid of the 4” cast iron tee and replaced it with plastic and at the same time add a 4x2 tee above it to provide a proper vented ptrap for the shower.

In my area you can't mix pvc to abs without using adaptors. I see he has a can of abs cement and pvc cement sitting there.
Maybe it's allowed where there at.

I think its in north or south carolina. Can't remember which. I thought maybe they had painted or wrapped something in white and hadn't noticed. I told her what you guys said about the code violations. I don't know how this job could pass inspection. Her insurance is paying for it so they should have had this job inspected.

The walls looked like blue paint but apparently its FRP.
Pics of the finished job (although I do not see any real ADA features). No grab bars for one. I suspect she got ripped off by these guys. The reno was to make it ada friendly for her sister.
1681439963929.png1681439977931.pngSlidebar is OK I guess.
1681440011962.png1681440027242.pngflooring
1681440044987.png1681440068231.png

“Remoting” a hose Bibb for a senior. The builders in this particular 55+ community only put hose bibbs on the sides of the homes where people don’t need them, and don’t put them in the front and rear of the homes were people want them!

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
B8A78A2F-8C9B-4D07-83B3-87F7074010A1.jpeg
12ga cloth covered romex feeding a 40 ga electric. The old one had 4500 watt elements.

I switched the new heater to 3800w elements.

Back