Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, my mother can't bend to clean without falling over & my brother has never cleaned a toilet in his life and refuses to do so. Mom asked me to put water in Fippy's bowl in the bathroom & I saw the toilet. I haven't used it in months & it was so gross I knew I had to do something (I clean my own toilet regularly-- although it doesn't get that dirty unless my brother uses it). The seat has rust stains from the hard water & its a closed cell foam so the stains won't come out.
This is the before:
1674236316661.png

So, I got the clorox toilet wand, the clorox cleaner, some kind of cleaner I found in a bucket (can't remember what it was called-- fabuloso?) clorox wipes, a rubbermaid electric scrubber (looks like a toothbrush), etc.. Batteries were about dead in the rubbermaid so I went to change the batteries and one fell down the sink drain (bc my brother keeps taking the stopper out). Had to fish it out with a magnet stick. Spent an hour scrubbing the thing (and the squatty potty thing below). I had to sit on that nasty floor bc my back started giving me grief. I discovered that if you are wiping downward on the bidet sprayer it can make it come down and spray-- got hit in the face twice. LOL.
But, this is the final result:
1674236547218.png
Some of that crud won't come off no matter how much I scrubbed. Floor needs to be repaired and trash needs to be picked up, but last time I picked up trash I got yelled at bc Mom wanted to keep some of the trash. She fell asleep while I was cleaning so I couldn't ask her about it. I really like the Clorox wand thingy (although I wish it was longer so I wouldn't have to bend as much) because it doesn't have bristles that fling crud into my face and it seems to clean better than regular toilet brushes.

So, my mother can't bend to clean without falling over & my brother has never cleaned a toilet in his life and refuses to do so. Mom asked me to put water in Fippy's bowl in the bathroom & I saw the toilet. I haven't used it in months & it was so gross I knew I had to do something (I clean my own toilet regularly-- although it doesn't get that dirty unless my brother uses it). The seat has rust stains from the hard water & its a closed cell foam so the stains won't come out.
This is the before:
View attachment 38679

So, I got the clorox toilet wand, the clorox cleaner, some kind of cleaner I found in a bucket (can't remember what it was called-- fabuloso?) clorox wipes, a rubbermaid electric scrubber (looks like a toothbrush), etc.. Batteries were about dead in the rubbermaid so I went to change the batteries and one fell down the sink drain (bc my brother keeps taking the stopper out). Had to fish it out with a magnet stick. Spent an hour scrubbing the thing (and the squatty potty thing below). I had to sit on that nasty floor bc my back started giving me grief. I discovered that if you are wiping downward on the bidet sprayer it can make it come down and spray-- got hit in the face twice. LOL.
View attachment 38680
Some of that crud won't come off no matter how much I scrubbed. Floor needs to be repaired and trash needs to be picked up, but last time I picked up trash I got yelled at bc Mom wanted to keep some of the trash. She fell asleep while I was cleaning so I couldn't ask her about it. I really like the Clorox wand thingy (although I wish it was longer so I wouldn't have to bend as much) because it doesn't have bristles that fling crud into my face and it seems to clean better than regular toilet brushes.
Miracle Worker!

Even my mom was impressed with how clean I managed to get it. And she is usually very critical of everything and will complain about me missing spots. LOL. My brother and I always joked that if one of us ever discovered/invented the cure for cancer, she would find something to criticize about it.
Friend sent me this nightmare fuel image.
1674360626008.png

Finally got a pic of my friend's "I wasn't asking" wrench.
1677397766083.png

This is the before:
View attachment 38679

View attachment 38680
I'm amazed you cleaned all that with an amazon prime bag
😎

Zanne how did that pipe wrench come in to cleaning the tub. LOL.......
Friend used it to remove the tub spout that was stuck on. It was installed with so much silicone that we couldn't reach to cut (it was on the inside of the tub spout around the pipe) and that sucker would not turn. I tried the whole screwdriver in the opening and turning thing, but metal broke off the mouth of it. Tried various size wrenches and friend decided that one would do the job.

Someone on another forum said they got a similar one that was larger than 4' long and he saw it at some sale and decided to get it just because it looked interesting. Said he never used it for anything but it was a conversation starter when people saw it. LOL.

As an aside, "cold water" is the nickname we use for Mom's dog when we want him to lick a plate or container clean. Goes back to a joke about the dishes being as clean as soap and cold water can get them and the dogs were Soap and Cold Water. We say "Cooold waaaateerr" and the dog comes running. LOL.

Latest posts

Back