Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too late for a pic of the air switch in the sink? This is something I need to do to free up a light switch for undercabinet lighting.

So, the trap primer-- does it inject water into the trap so it won't dry out?

I'm not familiar with the air switch. What does it do?

I'm no electrician, but shouldn't the outlet to the left be GFCI just in case there's a leak?

I need to add some undercabinet lighting in my kitchen. Main kitchen light went out- I think I need to replace the light switch or check the wires for damage. I can try replacing the bulb again (it is very dim but not off).

Havasu, that looks great!

The trap primer allows a little bit of the lavatory drain water to flow to a floor drain trap.

The air switch is a push button switch that delivers air to an air activated electrical switch. This turns the disposal on/off

So, the trap primer-- does it inject water into the trap so it won't dry out?

I'm not familiar with the air switch. What does it do?

I'm no electrician, but shouldn't the outlet to the left be GFCI just in case there's a leak?

I need to add some undercabinet lighting in my kitchen. Main kitchen light went out- I think I need to replace the light switch or check the wires for damage. I can try replacing the bulb again (it is very dim but not off).

Havasu, that looks
It may be protected some way upstream or in the panel. I don’t ask, the homeowner had that installed by a licensed electrician specifically for a garbage disposal.

Pics of air switch (disposal) in our island sink. No other location for a traditional switch...

Attachments

• IMG_9559.JPG
    IMG_9559.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9558.JPG
    IMG_9558.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
$25 in parts, 10 minutes of work, and you probably walked away with more than I bring home in social security! Not knocking you, but knocking the folks who don't know which end of a screwdriver to grab.

$25 in parts, 10 minutes of work, and you probably walked away with more than I bring home in social security! Not knocking you, but knocking the folks who don't know which end of a screwdriver to grab.
$187.50

I hear you. As said before, I don't blame you at all. I just wish schools would teach common, needed stuff before teaching how to wear those pink hats, and how to defund the police!

I hear you. As said before, I don't blame you at all. I just wish schools would teach common, needed stuff before teaching how to wear those pink hats, and how to defund the police!
Old lady owns the house, she can’t do plumbing.

Back