Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bad fit was in service for 12 years on the hot side 6” from the water heater outlet and a couple inches from the vent. Water temp was 130 and pressure 70 psi. It was not leaking.

F7D634DA-B2BB-4C0E-987D-EBC54C19DAA2.jpeg
Zero dezincification
D1095AFE-451B-431F-8BA9-A6D5BCA6B30A.jpeg
These fittings are as strong as the day of install. HL Pex on them ? I guess that’s the manufacturer.

Last edited:
This is a cut washing machine hose and I expanded some 1/2” pex rehau and slipped it over the cut end of the hose. No barb, no nothing. Pipe over hose and that’s it. Bro’s over ho’s ? 👌Haha yeah.

Ok, so I’m going to plug the 1/2” pex and then connect to my house water pressure. It’ll be around 80-90 psi.

Will it hold for a minute ? An hour ? How long?????

Post your guess and I’ll do the test and later today I will post the results.

5854D2B6-10F8-4ED8-BD05-16742789BCCE.jpeg

I'm catching up. I actually like the porcelain handles on the sink (I like old-fashioned stuff I guess). My sink has handles like that but I prefer to have a tall gooseneck faucet. The sink propped up on boards is what I may need to do with Mom's sink when we take her countertop out to put new formica down on it. I wish I could find an adhesive that is as strong as contact cement that is still forgiving if things go pear-shaped & I need to adjust or remove bubbles.

Can't blame you for not wanting to mess with the damaged wall. Not surprised its a rental. A friend of mine inherited a bunch of rental homes from his father and has been fixing them up. I've offered to paint walls for him. At least he's trying to fix things up nicely. Most of the landlords in town lease out slums that don't meet code.

I like that large masonry bit that went through the brick. When a local plumber worked on my friend's grandfather's house, he just took out entire bricks and left it open around a plumbing vent that he brought out and ran up a couple of feet & slapped an AAV on (outside). I wish I could find that picture to post. I was enraged.

The outer layers of the hose are starting to bubble at the connection point.

water is forcing its way in from the cut layers. It’s delaminating.

It’s still not leaking.

Certain gases will do that to various types hose that’s not rated for gas.

It’ll permeate through the layers and make a bubble then eventually rupture.

In my case the end of the cut hose is subjected to water pressure. So it’s forcing water between the layers.

I know of a guy who used the wrong hose ( cheaper ) to refill diving air tanks. Well one day it blew and sent a tank through a building and destroyed the cab of a pickuo truck. By the grace of God no one was injured.

I know of a guy who used the wrong hose ( cheaper ) to refill diving air tanks. Well one day it blew and sent a tank through a building and destroyed the cab of a pickuo truck. By the grace of God no one was injured.
If I recall correctly from my diving days, they filled the tanks to 3,000 psi or, for you who are into pascals, 2.0684e+7 pascals and that's a boatload of pascals! I only used air and none of those erotic gasses like helium but I did have fun with the kids when I manned a balloon filling station by sucking in a lung full of helium and sounding like my nutz had been cut.

Have a good week y'all!

I have a crappy Moen Positemp to repair in a little while.

I bet the cartridge is stuck. POS design.

I used to dive when we lived in Guam. I remember one time we were at the dive shop & something went awry with one of the tanks in the refill area. Loud explosive sound & it started flying around inside smashing things. Fortunately it was contained and and no one was hurt. Compressed air can be quite dangerous (obviously).
I had a bubble on a new tire like that. Had a blowout. Fortunately, insurance completely covered it and went after the place that sold me the tire so we had no deductible to pay. That was on Guam though.

I have a crappy Moen Positemp to repair in a little while.

I bet the cartridge is stuck. POS design.
Cartridge came right out. It’s not old though.
While I was there they wanted another one replaced, I only had one with me. It’s old….

Service call just came in saying she had water continually coming from under a wall.

Im on the way now

Back