Random plumbing pics

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
That thing might be a vent, or maybe a lint trap of some kind?

Change your supply hoses to burst proof braided type.
Your quote showed up by mistake. 🤣
That's another good point, sawguy.
Jeff, Thanks! We plan to replace the supply hoses. Not sure if we already bought some, but I will look for the braided steel ones.
Btw, are hammer arrestors still necessary on the shutoffs? I've seen some say they are no good and others say they are needed.
I don’t have arrestors at my house. 21 yrs, no problem so far. Copper tube and 80 psi. 90psi early in the morning.

Zanne

Reaction score
One of these days I will check the PSI in my house. I still need to switch over to a better system for my well.

Zanne

Reaction score
This dude did a video about washing machine plumbing and didn't know wtf he was talking about. LOL.
He told someone they could put a standpipe P-trap below the floor.

I of course had to weigh in with actual code references.

Now, I may be mistaken, but shouldn't the sink have an auxiliary vent or is it ok to sort of wet vent the washing machine under a laundry sink's vent? And shouldn't the cleanout be higher?
What sort of fitting is right for a cleanout anyway? A regular sanitary tee with the sweep going down? Or up? Or a special fitting?

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber
Reaction score
I would say hammer arrestors only needed if you are getting banging sounds.
Depends on your plumbing in the walls, and how far from other fixtures I suppose.

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
I just piped a washing machine over a bathtub and toilet. The lavatory dumps on top of the washing machine tee.

All wet vented through 2” pvc.

Worked great, I tested it every way imaginable.

That’s what I did today....

Zanne

Reaction score
Maybe an odd question: Can a fitting like this be used on a vertical vent pipe (say the vent for washing machine) as the cleanout for it?
1630796702360.png

Zanne

Reaction score
Ok. Good. I wasn't sure what fitting was appropriate. I want to be able to rod out the laundry drain from inside if there are any problems. Hopefully there won't be.