Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueSkyHigh, you may want to look for one of the 1.6gpf Toto Drake models then. 1,000 MaP score. They flush like a beast and don't splash. Toto Entrada is also good.

Saw this pic on FB. Is there an actual purpose for this drain? Is it a urinal? Condensate drain? Something else? or did someone just screw up here?
View attachment 30420
Soap dish

Gerber is another highly rated brand. Multiple 1000+ MAP models. We carry vipers on our trucks. I installed Avalanche Elite's in my house.

Gerber is another highly rated brand. Multiple 1000+ MAP models. We carry vipers on our trucks. I installed Avalanche Elite's in my house.
I installed a Gerber 1.6 power assisted for a friend and he loved it. Bought 3 more.

I have a 13/14 series to work on right now. I just pulled up to the house......let’s see how long it takes 80CB6AF0-313A-4A57-8512-E8D52262FC45.jpeg

All done, I had problems too......I’ll post pics of it all a little later. I’m on cellular right now

I had to break handle off......the set screw came out fine but the handle wouldn’t come off the stem. So I broke it off and used a screw to “Jack” the rest of the stem out.
6CBE0CBF-8D06-44F3-9C5D-556C828D8733.jpeg3B8BF1C9-0E65-46B4-9688-38AA6DDC7968.jpegThen I had to cut the cartridge nut off.
6BD0901C-0E5F-4E1B-9762-E4DABF7A3668.jpeg
Set screw to remove the handle is under the lever after is removed.
6BAD2F94-593A-4DFA-9A04-A98E805E0A2B.jpeg

3AE75F1E-E36F-4742-A17F-21B68766DBEC.jpeg

I took all that out and installed a 2” pvc ptrap with a 2x1.5x1.5 pvc tee above it.

Just like the man wanted. 🤠

Looks MUCH better. That accordion style thing is awful.

Looks MUCH better. That accordion style thing is awful.

The model plumbing codes frown on it, it’s illegal. No cleanout and it’s all glued up.

There’s a cleanout but it’s outside in the wall and it’s in the vertical, you can’t clean the trap arm with it.

That’s how it’s done here and it passes all inspections. 2” traps are required. Wether wrong or right, that’s how it is.

I sometimes use a wye and insert cleanout but usually there’s no room for that.

The few times I have to clean the trap arm I remove the basket strainer and extend the drain up through the sink with pvc and run my cable. This way I can have water holding in the garbage disposal or have it flowing as I clean the trap arm.

All other drain cleaning is done from outside either from the cleanout or on the roof. I’ve also cut vents in the attic space to run my cable.

Most are concrete foundations.

Bad leak in the wall when the body sprays are used.

Ended up being pex pipe not crimped in two places. 77175EAF-BCA2-42C7-8985-4CA6DB61C735.jpeg95CB1C1D-5550-4722-BC60-F8FCF8CA4BB4.jpeg

I had an un-soldered joint last a full night. A maintenance man told me he found a 3"copper 90° un-soldered that had been holding for 40 years.

This leaked on day one. Lady called the plumber back and they came out and claimed they repaired it.

It leaked the very next time she used it.

Pandemic hit. Now they’re out of business.

More work for me. 🤓

The accordion fitting thing reminds me that I ran in to a guy who was buying some in a big box store. I advised him he shouldn't get them as they are garbage and violate plumbing code. He then very proudly told me he was a contractor and that he puts them in ALL the houses he does. I told him they weren't self-scouring, collected debris, could tear, and rodents chewed them. He still insisted. I asked for his business name so I could make a note to NEVER hire that company. LOL.

The accordion fitting thing reminds me that I ran in to a guy who was buying some in a big box store. I advised him he shouldn't get them as they are garbage and violate plumbing code. He then very proudly told me he was a contractor and that he puts them in ALL the houses he does. I told him they weren't self-scouring, collected debris, could tear, and rodents chewed them. He still insisted. I asked for his business name so I could make a note to NEVER hire that company. LOL.

People use them because they’re easier than cutting and fitting pvc, which is pretty easy to begin with.

I tell people to start at the fixture and work down to the fixture arm coming out of the wall.

Cast iron joints can be deflected a few degrees and still be within tolerance. Replacing cast iron with pvc sometimes the angles are off. I find this in old houses on occasion, sometimes it’s a problem in tight spaces.

Back