Rainfall showerhead drips hours later

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 2 days of using the rainfall showerhead with the vacuum breaker (flow restrictor removed), and family is rebelling due to low water flow. I've been told it is unacceptably low and I had to remove the vacuum breaker. Looking at the top & bottom of the vacuum breaker, yeah I do see some narrowing (tiny hole on the bottom & huge white piece blocking with 4 curved holes at the top) but the red flow restrictor piece also only has 8 tiny holes and water flow is acceptable. I cannot figure out why the vacuum breaker has such low flow and the online reviews at Amazon do not mention restricted flow at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Anything else I can do to increase the flow?

So I'm going to leave the vacuum breaker off for a few days so a normal-flowing shower can once again be enjoyed and maybe try to mess with it again next week. I can try to place it right after the shower arm to see if it makes a difference but doubt it.

Attachments

• rainfall flow restrictor.jpg
    rainfall flow restrictor.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 6
  • vacuum breaker bottom.jpg
    vacuum breaker bottom.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 5
  • vacuum breaker top.jpg
    vacuum breaker top.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 4
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VCL5DR...abc_Q95YDXE5B2WH6C2W5EZS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This will stop the dripping. I have mine right at the shower head.
Thanks but shorter family members won't be able to reach it.

Why not just get a regular shower head?
Sub-par shower experience (and aesthetics) IMO. To fully get the rainfall effect, the shower arm must be long or use an extender so that the head is as horizontal as possible. If it's installed right after a short shower arm, the result is usually terrible. I have an 8" head and would've liked a 10" but I think it would be too heavy for the shower arm extender. If I were smarter during the remodel, I would have gotten an 18 or 20" rainfall shower arm from the wall to eliminate the extender entirely and then a 10" showerhead would be perfect. Next time I guess.

Thanks but shorter family members won't be able to reach it.

Sub-par shower experience (and aesthetics) IMO. To fully get the rainfall effect, the shower arm must be long or use an extender so that the head is as horizontal as possible. If it's installed right after a short shower arm, the result is usually terrible. I have an 8" head and would've liked a 10" but I think it would be too heavy for the shower arm extender. If I were smarter during the remodel, I would have gotten an 18 or 20" rainfall shower arm from the wall to eliminate the extender entirely and then a 10" showerhead would be perfect. Next time I guess.
You can still do that. Get a rainfall shower arm.

Back