Rain bird valve issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlachaus

Reaction score
I have a Rain Bird valve with a new solenoid. It also has a flow control screw and bleed valve screw. It has a new diaphragm and is clear of debri.
I can’t get the valve to turn on manually. Turning the solenoid 180 does nothing. The only way to get the valve to turn on is by turning the flow control valve. It won’t turn on with the program timer either. I only hear the valve turn on and see sprinklers on using the flow control screw (knob). Any ideas?

If your flow control is wide open, either turning the solenoid or the bleed screw should turn on the sprinkler.

It will only turn on using the flow control valve. Manually turning the solenoid does nothing.

Here is a photo of the valve. If you watch the video, you can see what I’m talking about. Also when I went out there this morning. It looks like the drip valve is still open just a little but it seems the valve is off.

Attachments

• EC6438D6-4594-45A9-AD3F-184929A1E3BD.jpeg
    EC6438D6-4594-45A9-AD3F-184929A1E3BD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Ok, that has officially stumped me. I have Ranbird valves on most of my irrigation pipes, and never seen such a thing. That flow valve should be wide open and water it turned on by twisting the solenoid or bleeder screw. Is there any difference if you disconnect a wire on the solenoid? You may have one stuck in the on position, so I want to rule that out. Do your other valves work the same way? Have you tried rotating the solenoids to another valve?

It’s not wired to the programmer right now (that’s another issue I’m working on). I’ve switched out the solenoid as well. No joy.

Latest posts

Back