Radiator Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam-L

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm very much a novice so please be kind :) We noticed a leak on our kitchen radiator and I figured I'd try to repair it by simply buying a new Thermostat Valve. So I went to Screwfix with the old unit and they told me that that valve was a 22mm unit and I needed to order because it's not stocked in-store. So I went home put everything back together and waited. I got the 22mm unit and it wasn't right, so long story short can anyone please tell me where I can get one of these, please. I've taken the twisty bit off the top...

Attachments

• DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0107.jpg
    DSC_0107.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    846 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 5
Pro folks on this forum seem to be mostly in the U.S. and there is not a lot of common parts. Yours isn't something we see. Sorry.

Hi again, yes I've looked on Amazon, so many options, here's a pic of it on the radiator. Will this unit fit, please ?

Attachments

• DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Certainly cannot tell from the photo. Aside from "Screwfix" is there a heating supply house that specializes in just radiators and related? They can tell you the proper sized screw threads on the one needing replacement--and then probably sell you another. If not at least you'll have the proper dimensions to find the right one.

These kinds of radiators, though popular in UK and EU are almost unheard of in USA.

Latest posts

Back