Questions about my Well pump.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are replacing our Well Pressure tank. My concern is about losing prime, because there is no cut off between the pressure tank and well. I have posted pictures below of the Pump we have. I have included Photos below. When i add the new pressure tank, i plan on added a cut off between the two. I don't want to accidentally drain the pump chamber..

1. In the 1st pic what is this thing im pointing to? The PVC goes to the pressure tank.
  2. in the Second pic is this the plug on the well head?
  3. Can replacing the pressure tank cause the pump to lose prime?
  4. Any other advice or tips are appreciated.

What is this thing im pointing to on the pump? is this where i prime the pump, if needed? And what is else is it for?
Whst is this.jpg

What is this port for?
Well Head Prime.jpg

Here is more info about the pump:

photo_2021-11-12_11-11-10.jpg

photo_2021-11-12_11-11-13.jpg

The first is a plug in the back pressure valve. The second is a plug in the casing adapter. You should be able to prime from either plug. If your foot valve leaks you will lose prime when turned off. But that is just the way it works.

The first is a plug in the back pressure valve. The second is a plug in the casing adapter. You should be able to prime from either plug. If your foot valve leaks you will lose prime when turned off. But that is just the way it works.

Is it possiable to lose prime if you change your pressure tank?

Latest posts

Back