Question regarding hot water tank is leaking from the hot water outlet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwell

Reaction score
My electric hot water tank is leaking from the hot water outlet. I turned off that valve. Is it safe to leave the cold water inlet valve open or should I turn that off also ? And is it still safe to use water say for a shower or toilet or sink?

Well if you turned off the hot water outlet your not gonna get hot water we're is the leak coming out of the hot water heater before the valve, or after the valve, you really should shut the cold off also and kill power to the unit, sounds like your waiting for service?????

If there’s a valve on the hot side leave it open. It wouldn’t stop the leak anyway.

To stop the leak turn the cold water off to the heater.

It’s fine to leave the power on snd turn the water on and off at the cold valve as needed fir hot water.

Well if you turned off the hot water outlet your not gonna get hot water we're is the leak coming out of the hot water heater before the valve, or after the valve, you really should shut the cold off also and kill power to the unit, sounds like your waiting for service?????
Thanks a bunch for your feedback Geofd. Yeah, waiting for service.

If there’s a valve on the hot side leave it open. It wouldn’t stop the leak anyway.

To stop the leak turn the cold water off to the heater.

It’s fine to leave the power on snd turn the water on and off at the cold valve as needed fir hot water.
Really appreciate the feedback Twowaxhack

Back