Quarter-Turn Snap-Lock P-Trap and related fittings.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell-DIY-Guy

Reaction score
Wow.

So, my wife drops an earring back down the drain in the bathroom. Gold. She think's its gone, and I tell her no, it's in the trap. She, of unbelieving nature, relents a bit and asks me to check. She's doubtful it will be found.

Lo and behold, instead of the standard 1.25" P-Trap with standard compression fittings, standard compression rings etc. the plumber installed (this is a 2019 built home) these newer style ones that used a thin rubber gasket and snap-locked with a quarter turn, tight as a drum. None of this "it's almost tight enough" like you sometimes get with compression stuff; call me suitably impressed. I couldn't read the manufacturer's name on the fitting but I will try and find it next time I need to replace one. What's nice about these in addition to the speed at which it can be installed is there's no in-between; it's fitted properly or not at all.

I certainly have not seen any at any of the home stores, or local hardware stores in any of my needs over the past decades. You pros may have been using them for a long time.

Oh, yes. The earring back was in the trap. I was the hero last night.

Back