PVC metric shenan

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan binge

Reaction score
“Pvc metric shenanigans”

trying to mate a 20mm ID into a 3/4” tee
It’s slightly loose, any advice on how it can be done??

4E89D5DF-7811-4E00-96A0-1D2A5B4774AC.jpeg
D14FBF2C-5519-4FB1-9B9F-DF4A09FFD20E.jpeg
5547AF3E-EAC3-4079-888B-3DCE44A74000.jpeg

Lol buy the correct size pipe.

or my old trainer use to send me after the pipe stretcher. still haven’t found it. But they would always be laughing and having a good time while I searched.

@Ryan binge Yeah ignore those who just start making jokes and don't answer your question.

Given that however, it is always helpful to give a better description of your situation. It's not unreasonable to ask WHY if you are in NYC, are you using 25MM PVC which is a metric pressure pipe? One possible answer and I don't know if this is true, is that you are trying to fit something together that came with this, like maybe a foreign system for a fish tank?

Well check out these guys they have the adapters:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/metric-to-standard-pvc-adapters.html
Just ensure you are mixing the right kinds of plastics with the right kinds of solvents/glue.

I have run across this working in clean rooms the lab manager talked to the fitting manufacturer and got an adapter it was from england

Last edited:
It is likely metric as described, but I have seen pipe delivered to the job that was undersized because the extrusion machine was starved for material. The pipe was undersized to the point that it could not be glued. The pipe made it past quality control, part of an entire pallet of 10’ lengths. It looked ok except for a slight “waviness” to the old finish.

Latest posts

Back