PVC Drain to Copper Cleanout?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joecoolaug

Reaction score
Hi, I'm adding a shower to a bathroom, and by far the easiest way to connect it to the DWV is in a copper cleanout right below. The cleanout doesn't serve any purpose - there's another one 3 feet away. No need for two that close on the same line.

Is there such a thing as a PVC-to-threaded-copper male fitting? Basically like in the picture attached, but the female end is PVC, so they do the transition for you. I see a lot of these fittings for supply lines but haven't found anything for drain lines. Is there a good option here?

The space is small and challenging... To keep a slope, my other options are, essentially, (1) remove the cleanout entirely, (2) dropping a line straight through an air vent then soldering it elsewhere to the copper, or (3) attaching it to 3" cast iron toilet drain or the cast iron DWV stack.

Obviously I'd love to just drop it into the extra cleanout. Learning how to solder copper (especially some that is old & wet) OR cutting into cast iron would just add a lot of expense and time to the project that I don't really have.

Is there a reasonable way to connect drainpipe to a copper cleanout without soldering?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• generic-904114.jpg
    generic-904114.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
That connector you are referring too is mainly for water not drain. Doubt you'll find anything of that nature. Please show pictures of the drain line, that will help us more.

They do make male adapters that are for pvc to such and such. Problem with copper is it is a small diameter. It will be 3-4in copper, but not the same diameter as 3-4 pvc, cast or abs. Have had to use ferncos to tie pvc to copper

I'm not sure exactly what he's dealing with but it sounds like he's looking for a PVC version of what his sample is.
2-in mnpt x socket PVC adapter.JPG

Latest posts

Back