Purchasing Plumbing Fixtures Online

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer

Reaction score
So I am planning on renovating my upstairs bathrooms and as part of the process I have to purchase the fixtures like faucets, sinks, piping and other hardware required for the renovation.

The last time trying to figure out what I wanted to buy, I visited a few kitchen & bath showrooms. However when I did get pricing, they were always substantially higher than what I could find online apple to apples.

I know it's hard to compete with online purchasing but with the saving its hard not too go down that road.

What are your thoughts. One thing that I don't really get from online is guidance for someone like myself that may not know all the details I need to know before making the purchase.

You’re paying for guidance at a plumbing showroom.

They should help you making sure everything’s compatible and if there are any questions they should know or find an answer for you.

My showroom girl use to make sure all the parts were in the box and they weren’t damaged before sending to my jobsite

You most likely will not find your best price at a showroom.

...with that in mind, don't expect Home Depot to carry the same items that you'd find at a fixture shop. I recently saw a shower sprayer by Delta at HD for $129. My fixture shop had the identical (or what I thought) sprayer for $329. Once I opened it up, I saw the fixture shop was all metal, including the flexible hose, where HD's same box was all plastic and cheap looking and cheap feeling.
Just be careful that what you buy online is exactly what you want.

Yes, when comparing things always check for exact model numbers otherwise there’s a difference.

Correct like I said: they were always substantially higher than what I could find online apple to apples.

...with that in mind, don't expect Home Depot to carry the same items that you'd find at a fixture shop. I recently saw a shower sprayer by Delta at HD for $129. My fixture shop had the identical (or what I thought) sprayer for $329. Once I opened it up, I saw the fixture shop was all metal, including the flexible hose, where HD's same box was all plastic and cheap looking and cheap feeling.
Just be careful that what you buy online is exactly what you want.
Same experience here. I bought my kitchen faucet and shower trims from HD/Lowes. I was surprised a lot of the 'metal' was actually plastic. I was told to look next time at plumbing supply or specialty stores. I noticed their prices are about double what I paid at big box, but the stuff is nice, hefty, all metal, etc. It's been a few years and the plastic parts don't bother me as much as I thought it would. Who knows what I'll buy next time...

Latest posts

Back