PUMP RECOMMENDATION NEEDED

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Y'all, I am a DIY home builder now working on the plumbing for our bathroom. I have a 300 gallon water tank in the basement and need a pump to get water into a pressure tank. We are off grid and would ideally need a 12v DC pump. We also have a generator so if no 12v dc pump works we could use an AC pump. The tank has an outlet at the bottom. Don't know what other info you might need to make a recommendation. So what type of pump do I need and where can I find one? Thanks
Moch

You can get some fairly decent size RV pumps in 12V. They don't really need a pressure tank. They just buzz on and off while you are using water. I wouldn't be happy with the small flow and pressure, but you can survive on it.

With a generator, inverter, or grid power, I prefer a jet pump with a PK1A to control it like this.

Sized Jet pump PK1A.jpg

Can you use the pk1a with any pressure tank? Being off grid we would want the pump to run as little as possible. We will have no toilets. And would only run a shower or a faucet and probably never at the same time. Thanks. Do u have a 12vdc jet pump u can recommend?

Sure the PK1A will work with any size tank. There is an option to order it "less tank". Not going to find a 12V jet pump. Those RV pumps are the best you can do with 12 volts, and they won't work with a CSV.

All of the solar pumps I have seen are either 36 or 48-volts. Any chance you could go to a higher voltage for our storage system?

Latest posts

Back