Pump Control Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n5yntx

Reaction score
My pump control valve for my well is leaking from the top and I need to replace it. I am very confused as how to replace it since there are several connections and I don't want to even attempt it until I know the proper removal procedure.

I have included picture of it. I know on one side there is a union, but not sure how to remove the valve to the left.

Water Pump 005.jpg

I assume your talking about the brass fitting in the foreground of the picture. If so, that valve is a constant pressure valve. It keeps your pump motor from cycling. I believe the brand on that one is Cycle Stop Valve. It's hard to be sure with that tape around the top.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the CSV1Z and it cracked on top which is why I have the tape around it. It is working fine, just need to fix it before it completely breaks. I am not sure how you take it apart from the top. There are two nuts on top I guess for the pressure adjustment, and then the top is plastic with a six sided top for what appears to be for a wrench. Since it is plastic, I don't want to put a wrench on it, but can see no other way of doing it.

The black plasic top just unscrews. Then the spring and gut pac can be pulled out from the top. You just need a new top or spring cage, spring, and maybe the gut pac.

Back