Pump and Pressure Tank Combo or Separate Tank and Pump?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timplumbs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just bought a small cabin (1 bathroom and a kitchen sink, all on one floor). In the basement there is a 400 volt (3 phase) floor mounted pump and a 200 liter pressure tank. It all works but the water pump leaks pretty badly. The tank is the older type with no diaphragm and looks as though it has rusted inside.

From what I have read the system is about 30 years old and although the pump could be refurbished the cost of doing this along with a new tank isn't that different from replacing with a new pump and tank.

So I have been looking at replacing pump and tank. I see two main options. The first is a pressure tank with the pump mounted on it - sold as 1 piece. The second option is a new floor mounted pump and a new tank. This second option is about 40% more expensive when I compare like for like specs and I can't see why.

Is there something I am missing? What benefit is there in a separate pump and tank that justifies the higher price? Thanks for any help!

Latest posts

Back