Puddle in manifold box

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humbolt

Reaction score
Hi all. Sure would appreciate your comments if you would be so kind. My manifold box has a cover over three valves. I just noticed a water puddle in the box in between two of my valves. I soaked up the water but continued to notice water coming up from the ground and continuing to form a puddle. I checked my main meter and my red water indicator was moving. I then went to my water sprinkler shut off valve, shut off my sprinkler system, and the red indicater on my main meter stopped. My questions are:
1. Will I need to dig down to the water lines to locate and fix the leak? How far down could the water lines be?
2. Do you think the leak is coming from the valves and I do not need to dig but just replace the valve?
3. Where is the water that is continually seeping up to the surface, when my sprinkler system is on, coming from?
4. Is this a difficult fix?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

You’ll need to carefully dig it all up and find out what’s leaking under there.

Yeah, dig it up, the water supply lines shouldn't be that far down.

Yeah, dig it up, the water supply lines shouldn't be that far down.
The depth is usually dependent on how deep the freeze goes in the winter. Up north the depth can be over 6' deep and down in Fort Myers, Florida...it's usually around 18" to 24" deep. Irrigation lines are normally shallow in depth and must be drained completely before the heavy freeze starts.

Hi all...thank you so much for your comments. I am in the process of digging it out...the water lines are about a foot down. I will get back to you all. Thanks again.

Back