Propress tool question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pex333

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a propress tool, stuck between rothenberger and Milwaukee, I have alot of milwaukee tools but demoed a rothenberger and leaning towards it. Any feedback?

I’d choose which ever one had the best warranty with the longest service interval with the best price and had the best reviews. 🤝

But before I bought it I would ask myself if I really need it and if I’m willing to buy expensive fittings.

What are you looking to press and what sizes?

I have the Milwaukee 2674-22 (M18 PEX Press only) that came with 1/2" to 1" (never needed larger, yet) jaws. Really small footprint, but will occasionally need to use a cinch clamp as the tool will just not fit the space - that was $700ish bucks and worth every $$!

With that said, I also just bought the Milwaukee 2922-20 M18 (tool only), as it will press everything (gas (BIP), copper, pex, AC lines - all up to 4" ) you just need to get the jaws you need/use.

The 2473-22 M12 version (1/2 to 1" copper jaws included) is significantly cheaper but will only press BIP (gas) up to 3/4" and copper up to 1-1/4" and no ACR.

Looked at the Dewalt & Ridged (same company as Milwaukee) but they didn't have the same selection of jaws and compatibility as Milwaukee, plus they are not in-line tools and are much larger.

I skipped right over the Rothenburger as it appeared to be much more expensive, had a larger footprint, was EU based (service scared me) and (from what I could find) didn't have the jaw selection.

Just my two-cents for what it's worth!

(BTW - looking to sell the 2674-22 Pex Press tool if anyone reading this is looking!)

Colleague and I have worked together and he has the Milwaukee. It is a great tool.
I have used the Ridgid line for over 10 years. Having authorized factory service in our local geo zone is a plus. Also, the ring actuator compact kit for tight spots is invaluable. I frankly wouldn't want to not have the flexible angles that the ring kit provides. I can't stress that point enough.1649094028187.png
Cost of fittings is insignificant compared to the fun and simplicity it adds to workdays.

Latest posts

Back