ProPex fitting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikalle1

Reaction score
I am installing a new hot water heater and I am having trouble finding ProPEX 3/4"x3/4" FEMALE THREADED ELBOW in brass, any suggestions?

My code states that we must have 18” of metallic piping from a water heater before connecting plastic hot/cold.

What does your plumbing code say ?

Crimp and go ? Or more appropriately expand and go ? 🤣

I’m not saying what you’re doing is wrong......

Twowaxhack = I've done a lot of research before my installation and on my electric heater went from an elbow direct to Pex-B. The restrictions I've read about apply to gas heaters. I think it was Apollo that stated in their literature it was an approved application.
I recognize there are multitudes of articles that say "You can't do that" but the only valid reason I could detect is on gas unit with the "hot" flues.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Twowaxhack = I've done a lot of research before my installation and on my electric heater went from an elbow direct to Pex-B. The restrictions I've read about apply to gas heaters. I think it was Apollo that stated in their literature it was an approved application.

Yes, I’m aware the manufacturers allow direct connect but does your code allow it ?
Mine doesn’t. 18” away from any tank type heater. 🤣.

I’m not taking wrong or right....I’m talking Plumbing code. Big difference 🤣🤣🤣

I told one inspector that I wasn’t changing it......he got mad and left. Never heard anything about it......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

My code states that we must have 18” of metallic piping from a water heater before connecting plastic hot/cold.

What does your plumbing code say ?

Crimp and go ? Or more appropriately expand and go ? 🤣

I’m not saying what you’re doing is wrong......
Here, it is only on gas water heaters

Yes, I’m aware the manufacturers allow direct connect but does your code allow it ?
Mine doesn’t. 18” away from any tank type heater. 🤣.

I’m not taking wrong or right....I’m talking Plumbing code. Big difference 🤣🤣🤣

I told one inspector that I wasn’t changing it......he got mad and left. Never heard anything about it......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

Just saying --------- Codes are for city folk.
No one around here wants to look "at my plumbing".

Just saying --------- Codes are for city folk.
No one around here wants to look "at my plumbing".
I had one county health dept tell me.....” you’re doing the damn job not me, your insurance and your names on it, not mine, no I don’t need to look at it “

🤣🤣🤣🤣. We got along great.

Back