Propane Heater Orifice

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venture browser

Reaction score
Hello -

Anyone have knowledge of how different gas heater burner orifices affect BTU in heaters? I'm plugging off one burner orifice on a 2 burner propane heater and I'm concerned that it will increase the throughput of gas to the other remaining burner. It will still be the same pressure and same orifice size, just only one orifice that gas will be flowing through.

The below 100K BTU heater had one burner flare up and ruined one side. I want to continue to use the other side, but wanna make sure it isn't putting out more than the designed 50K BTU

Any thoughts and help are appreciated.

1612387609544.png

The regulator controls the pressure, The orifice controls the volume at a set pressure. The regulator should maintain the same pressure no matter how many orifices there are, within reason...

The regulator controls the pressure, The orifice controls the volume at a set pressure. The regulator should maintain the same pressure no matter how many orifices there are, within reason...

I like to say that the regulator limits pressure rather than controls it.

But yes, you’re correct. The definition of regulate is to control.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back