Programmable Water Suplly Shut-Off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JQTest

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could recommend a programmable main water supply shut-off valve for a whole-house type application. I would like to be able to have the water “ON” at a programmed time in the morning and “OFF” at a programmed time in the evening. I would also prefer to have a “BY-PASS” option in case water is needed after the shut-off time.
I researched the FloLogic System, but it still requires the human action of setting the “Away” mode each day which is what I’m trying to avoid. If someone has to remember to set the “Away” mode, they could just as easily remember to shut the main water supply off. I would like to eliminate the human error factor altogether and simply have the water turn off automatically.
In addition, I would prefer to have a battery backup in the case of power loss. Also, I do not want to use a system that utilizes moisture floor sensors or flow measurements sensors. I just want the water on at a programmed time and off at a programmed time.

I’m not sure a lawn sprinkler-type system will do this and it would have to be compatible with ¾” copper pipe.

Thanks!

Back