Problem with new DWV leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a 3 inch header line that has several Y connections coming from other areas
Have a leak @ 5lb test pressure at one of the Y's on the 3 inch main line side.
I cut the pipe connecting to the Y and then pealed out the remainder of the pipe inside the Y
Sanded and test fit a new piece of pipe.
On the other side I cut the pipe and installed a new coupler
Now the problem is I don't have any give on either side of the header line in order to insert new
section of pipe to reconnect the two sides together.
So is there something I can use, (3 inch Union, 3 inch pipe flanges, Flex Coupling) it would be very time consuming and costly
to rip out the entire line to fix one leak
Appreciate some help
Thanks

What about a 3" Sch 40 PVC Flow Span Soc Coupling or a 3 in. Glueless Soundproof DWV Coupling Push-Tighten Compression Fitting or a 3 in. PVC Compression Coupling. I see the 3" x 3" Strong Back PVC Shielded Coupling you indicated above , so which one will pass the inspection
Thanks

What about a 3" Sch 40 PVC Flow Span Soc Coupling or a 3 in. Glueless Soundproof DWV Coupling Push-Tighten Compression Fitting or a 3 in. PVC Compression Coupling. I see the 3" x 3" Strong Back PVC Shielded Coupling you indicated above , so which one will pass the inspection
Thanks
what you posted is not code compliant
Twowaxhack told you what to use, also comes a time when you have to cut every thing out and re do the whole damn thing

Back