Problem with new DWV leak

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Reaction score
Have a 3 inch header line that has several Y connections coming from other areas
Have a leak @ 5lb test pressure at one of the Y's on the 3 inch main line side.
I cut the pipe connecting to the Y and then pealed out the remainder of the pipe inside the Y
Sanded and test fit a new piece of pipe.
On the other side I cut the pipe and installed a new coupler
Now the problem is I don't have any give on either side of the header line in order to insert new
section of pipe to reconnect the two sides together.
So is there something I can use, (3 inch Union, 3 inch pipe flanges, Flex Coupling) it would be very time consuming and costly
to rip out the entire line to fix one leak
Appreciate some help
Thanks

Reaction score
What about a 3" Sch 40 PVC Flow Span Soc Coupling or a 3 in. Glueless Soundproof DWV Coupling Push-Tighten Compression Fitting or a 3 in. PVC Compression Coupling. I see the 3" x 3" Strong Back PVC Shielded Coupling you indicated above , so which one will pass the inspection
Thanks

frodo

Just call me Macgyver
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right here right now, over there later on.
What about a 3" Sch 40 PVC Flow Span Soc Coupling or a 3 in. Glueless Soundproof DWV Coupling Push-Tighten Compression Fitting or a 3 in. PVC Compression Coupling. I see the 3" x 3" Strong Back PVC Shielded Coupling you indicated above , so which one will pass the inspection
Thanks
what you posted is not code compliant
Twowaxhack told you what to use, also comes a time when you have to cut every thing out and re do the whole damn thing