pressure/accumulator tank not working

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinyhouse builder

Reaction score
Hi there...thanks in advance for anyone who can help me diagnose my problem

i have a brand new Shurflo model 2088-594-154 pump pulling water out of a holding tank (small cistern)..intake hose is only a few feet long. No leak in the inlet or outlet using swivel barbs

the stated switch off is 45 PSI and rated at 3 GPM.

i am running all my plumbing via 1/2 in pex tubing to a new Flex 2 .. 4.8 gallon capacity pressure tank, factory charged to 40 PSI...(i checked and that is in fact true)...

while pressure testing the system for the first time, it appears that the pressure tank was not holding or taking in any water...the pump simply kept cycling continuously. Turn the faucet on, pump would turn on...turn the faucet off..pump would turn off....no accumulated pressure in the tank.

any ideas?..does my tank need to be recharged to to some other capacity?..are my pump inlet or outlets too big or too small?

any help would be much appreciated....thank you

Do you have a gauge on the outlet side of the piping? What does it say?

What pressure does the pump turn on at ?

I glanced at the spec sheet and didn’t see the “ on “ pressure spec.

Set the tank pressure to 30 psi and try it.

I’m guessing, the isn’t in my typical day to day.....

What pressure does the pump turn on at ?

according to my spec sheet,the only other relation to pressure, is as follows“ '" when outlet pressure drops below below a pre -determined limit (typically 15-20 PSI less than the shutoff pressure, the switch will close and the pump will operate until the shut off (high pressure] Is achieved"

thr aonly other mention from my spec sheet as it

You can't tell what's happening without a gauge, but twowax is on the right track. I think.

Latest posts

Back