Possible to bend my kitchen faucet for better flow angle?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe I'd be better off cutting a hole in the sink, on that flat spot a few inches forward of the current faucet position, and put the faucet there?

This tool looks like it does a good job:

1615603866551.png

It it then fairly easy to move the faucet?

And any tips on what to use to seal up the old hole?

Last edited:
YES. there is a way, but BUT, You will have to have the spout recoated...maybe/maybe not
it all depends on how well the original coating was applied.

you will need
2x4, and a rug
6'' piece of garden hose
1'' pipe

remove spout from faucet,
lay in on a rug, with the spout looking straight up
place the 2x4 over the end that goes into the faucet
slip the hose over the other end
slip the pipe over the hose
stand on the 2x4 while pushing the pipe, it is actually more of a jerk than a push
JUST A LITTLE, STOP, check it, repeat if necessary

Replace the faucet. That’s my suggestion.

Get one with a 10-12” spout reach. Whatever works best for you.

Why couldn't that faucet be loosened from the base, add a flat washer to one side of the base mount, then cinch it up? That would tilt it towards the sink better, right?

If you verify that the new flat spot, more forward on the sink, is un-obstructed and large enough underneath, that idea could work.

Looks like a big expensive sink, so be certain before drilling it.

You can get a sink hole cover blank plug anywhere.

I think if you drill the sink, if there’s room to mount it, it would extend too far at that point. The exact opposite of what you have now.

Please measure the distance from the faucet, straight out to the center of the sink. Please post this number in inches.

It would go to the middle of the sink. Is that not normal?

And good point above about making certain that there's room under the sink to mount the faucet. It's such an obvious flaw that I'm assuming whjoever mounted it there decided to mount it in the obvious wrong spot for a reason.

As it is now though, even if I had a faucet with a better angle, when someone tries to turn off the sink with wet hands they're guaranteed to dribble water on the countertop.

Right now, you are cheating the sprayer stream forward.

So moving the faucet forward might put the stream in a nice position.

Still lots of unknowns with drilling.

A new faucet would be a safer project.

If the distance measures 12” then I’d get a 10” spout reach. If it’s 14” I’d get a 12” spout. This has to be worked out no matter what you do, drill a new hole, buy a new faucet or bend the faucet

You must decide what reach spout you want.

> You must decide what reach spout you want.

The reach would be perfect if the spout was moved.

Does anyone have any advice for investigating whether the spout would fit in the new location?

Sure, take the old faucet off. Use the mounting bracket or nut that goes underneath the faucet to hold up to the proposed location from underneath and see if you have room for it all to fit before you drill the new hole.

You’ll have to work the details out from there but that’s the idea.

Then you’ll need a hole cover for the old location to close the hole off.

Did I say that I would just replace the faucet ? 👍.

Goodluck !

> Did I say that I would just replace the faucet ?

that wouldn't entirely fix the issue though, pepole would still dribble on the counter top every time they reach to turn off the faucet, since they have to reach their wet hands over the counter.

> Did I say that I would just replace the faucet ?

that wouldn't entirely fix the issue though, pepole would still dribble on the counter top every time they reach to turn off the faucet, since they have to reach their wet hands over the counter.

3rd world problems. So I guess you’ve ruled out bending your existing faucet.

I had similar concerns for the kitchen faucet when I got new countertops last year. I had the installer make the hole as close to the edge of the sink as possible (I have short arms) and ended up choosing the Pfister Ladera faucet from Home Depot $169 as the best combination of spout height & spout reach under $200. I had the handyman hook up hot & cold lines so that handle towards me is cold water (since I use cold more) and handle upright is hot water - it has a forward-only handle. In addition to being optimal for my short arms, water on hands turning on cold water drips directly into the sink, not on countertop. Picture shows cold water position, sorry not the best angle. Good luck!

Attachments

• faucet cold handle.jpg
    faucet cold handle.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 4
I keep a couple Delta touch faucets for customers who don’t t like to touch the handle on/off.

They’re very popular with the ladies.

I had similar concerns for the kitchen faucet when I got new countertops last year. I had the installer make the hole as close to the edge of the sink as possible (I have short arms) and ended up choosing the Pfister Ladera faucet from Home Depot $169 as the best combination of spout height & spout reach under $200. I had the handyman hook up hot & cold lines so that handle towards me is cold water (since I use cold more) and handle upright is hot water - it has a forward-only handle. In addition to being optimal for my short arms, water on hands turning on cold water drips directly into the sink, not on countertop. Picture shows cold water position, sorry not the best angle. Good luck!
That would technically dribble on the flat ledge when you turned the handle on/off.

The OP doesn’t like that. The OP wants it mounted on the sink to prevent “ hand dribble “. The wet handle could drop water too afterwards.

Normally that would be the hot position, are you sure the hot cold are connected correct? It’ll work either way.

Like I said 3rd world problems 👍

That would technically dribble on the flat ledge when you turned the handle on/off.

The OP doesn’t like that. The OP wants it mounted on the sink to prevent “ hand dribble “. The wet handle could drop water too afterwards.

Like I said 3rd world problems 👍
My picture is not the best angle but the handle protrudes enough into the sink that we typically just jiggle the very end of the handle on & off for cold and all the water on hands drip into the sink, at least the way we use it. Looking again at OP's picture, the handle would probably still be over the sink edge so not solving his problem.

I agree that touchless faucets are great for not touching the handle, my parents have one!

Too long did not read, all postings.

But can’t the OP just rotate his faucet 90 degrees clockwise, to put the valve lever nearer to the sink?

Latest posts

Back