Plumblife

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the clarification.
I just was not getting the vocabulary, pbly just a lazy brain fart on my end.
So the copper tubing was only partially inserted into the openings of the valve fitting, not pushed in to proper full depth.
Wow, that really does show how strong just a partial grab will still be!

Wow, I can’t follow this story, but it must make sense to plumbing pros, so more power to ya.

LOL, thanks Handy.
I was almost asleep last night deleting pictures off my phone when I came across the ones of that valve I had to replace. Reading it again I wasn’t too clear with my words, typing too quick. 🙂👍

How is it as soon as I say “residential” out loud I get house calls left and right? 🤔

oh well, let’s have some fun finding this leak! 😁D7F1799E-9F3C-4678-86D2-EA91CF3086EF.jpeg

What a day to leave all my power tools at my day job. Sure could use my M18 hacksaw instead of cutting roots with a sheetrock saw. Just garden hose syphoned the water out of the hole to further track the leak which is in a cluster of roots, naturally.
A9D4ABE2-6953-4CD6-BAA5-78BA03240850.jpeg
So primitive 🙄

Does the home have a main water valve downstream of your leak ?

Neighbors close by ?

Turn the meter off, turn the homes main water valve off.

Connect a water hose from the neighbors hose faucet to the home with the leaks hose faucet. If it has backflow device on the hose Bibb of the leaking house, you’ll have to remove it.

This will backfeed the leaking house and give them some water.

That might buy you some time.

Does the home have a main water valve downstream of your leak ?

Neighbors close by ?

Turn the meter off, turn the homes main water valve off.

Connect a water hose from the neighbors hose faucet to the home with the leaks hose faucet. If it has backflow device on the hose Bibb of the leaking house, you’ll have to remove it.

This will backfeed the leaking house and give them some water.

That might buy you some time.

That’s genius
All of the above you said is perfect!
15805134-4250-4337-A952-08BBD50DA0D6.jpeg
Thank you!!!!!!

A washing machine hose can be used in conjunction with your water hose.

This will give you female hose threads at each end of your hose.

Get you some rest bro ✌️

🥶👍

This one got me. Service isn’t my bag at Precision and my truck is not equipped for service work. I got the call from my field supervisor, the VP asked for me to repair a leak on the home side of the water meter belonging to a project manager of a prominent Charlotte construction company.

If it was roll pipe or PEX or fitting damaged I’d have it. I am not familiar with repairing 50yo underground galvanized pipe.

He will call our office in the morning to have our service guys make the repair.

TW, he liked the idea of connecting hoses to his neighbors house. I gave him a double female garden hose fitting and he knows where his interior main valve is. Great Idea!

We were going to do it just now but he decided to wait until the morning if need be.

I want to learn how to complete home repairs like this. I recommend he change his entire service line at this point.

Thank you Guys!

Last edited:
I plugged an old galvy yard riser off with a whittled down broom handle. Drove it in the pipe with a hammer.,

It leaks a little until the wood swellls up. 🤷🤡

It’s a good midnight fix

Latest posts

Back