Plumblife

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to correct you or whoever did this, but threaded and pro press are not code underground. Just some food for thought.

ProPress is allowed underground.
there was, at first, an advisory reco. To wrap joints with silicone tape, but now allowed underground all over Calif where soils are decent without wrap,, even under slabs.
I’d assume that the dresser coupling is temporary. We’d never have anything like that be permanent.

I don't want to correct you or whoever did this, but threaded and pro press are not code underground. Just some food for thought.

I know what you mean.
Construction is one thing.
Repairing a 2” branch of a 6” dom. water main that burst on a Saturday, the customer don’t care about getting it inspected. They got 100+ employees needing water at work. We got it live on Sunday. I was just helping Service out that day.F08E0B70-7173-4CD6-9E95-DA8EDC453ED5.jpeg

ProPress is allowed underground.
there was, at first, an advisory reco. To wrap joints with silicone tape, but now allowed underground all over Calif where soils are decent without wrap,, even under slabs.
I’d assume that the dresser coupling is temporary. We’d never have anything like that be permanent.

Yes. Where the dresser coupling was the 2” fail site. We just had the objective to get the 6” main pressurized which was across the drive. The 2”ended up being full of holes so we dug down to the main and installed a ball valve on the 6x2 tee.

I'm not an ipc guy so I wouldn't know. Usually local guidelines can be more stringent but not less. California is a different beast.

I prefer soft copper or brazed K copper for underground if copper is to be used.

D23A33A6-2F3A-46A5-8B80-E50707590AB8.jpeg
this is guy I’m helping. A GC from work. This little fixer upper sits behind an occupied duplex house. One unit pictured an hour ago. I never thought, two bathroom floor replacements in one Sunday night.

Im not here to make money. I’m just here and happen to be helping

Latest posts

Back