Plumbing tools and supplies

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeJayF

Reaction score
Hi,

I just moved to South Boston - where would I buy decent tools and supplies for plumbing? Not general hardware store quality but really high quality?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I just moved to South Boston - where would I buy decent tools and supplies for plumbing? Not general hardware store quality but really high quality?

Thanks in advance!
There is webb supply in Boston
Metropolitan pipe and supply in Woburn
I forget were summit tool is they are expesive but can get anything

Home Depot, Lowes etc carry decent tools.
Unless you are a pro their stuff is fine.
Supply houses for hard to find parts.

I have never walked into a plumbing supply house that did not sell Ridged, reed or Lenox tools
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lenox 9'' torpedoe level, that sucker has a magnet on it that you almost have to pull off with a pry bar
For a pair of plyers. Douglas is the brand name with yellow handles

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

I buy all my tools online. I buy most of my materials online.

I shop my best price at the most reputable seller. Sometimes that on eBay.

I bought 6 1/2 HP ISE garbage disposals for 75.00 each with free shipping off eBay. When the box came it was from Ferguson.

I buy tools from CPO outlet a lot.

I buy all my tools online. I buy most of my materials online.

I shop my best price at the most reputable seller. Sometimes that on eBay.

I bought 6 1/2 HP ISE garbage disposals for 75.00 each with free shipping off eBay. When the box came it was from Ferguson.

I buy tools from CPO outlet a lot.

As to my luck online / bigbox stores, I have none when it comes to quality tools. But I wish you continued luck !

Never heard of CPO untill now but in their ebay store under dewalt cordless drill, more than half are the plastic chuck models . . . Never a good sign.

As to my luck online / bigbox stores, I have none when it comes to quality tools. But I wish you continued luck !

Never heard of CPO untill now but in their ebay store under dewalt cordless drill, more than half are the plastic chuck models . . . Never a good sign.

So are you complaining about the retailer or Dewalt the manufacturer ?

I truly prefer Supplyhouse. A superior outfit. They are on Long island (close to Boston) and a two day delivery

https://www.supplyhouse.com/

Never heard of them untill I came to this forum, and I am from Long island NY. What is their contractor account discount ? ?
For general stock, bulk orders I generally deal with greenart as when I need something 24/7/365 they will deliver, and their prices are still competitive.

I rarely ever buy tools from a supply house. Here in Michigan, they are way overpriced and sell the exact same tools as any major hardware store. I recently started using a lot of tekton tools. A Michigan tool company that you can buy on Amazon. I've never looked at tools as being better at a supply house, just more expensive. Personally, I would leave the supply houses for all my materials, and the major hardware stores and online for tools. As long as you stick to major proven brands, you'll be fine.

I rarely ever buy tools from a supply house. Here in Michigan, they are way overpriced and sell the exact same tools as any major hardware store. I recently started using a lot of tekton tools. A Michigan tool company that you can buy on Amazon. I've never looked at tools as being better at a supply house, just more expensive. Personally, I would leave the supply houses for all my materials, and the major hardware stores and online for tools. As long as you stick to major proven brands, you'll be fine.
Yep, supplyhouses usually charge close to list price on tools unless they make you a deal.

Back