Plumbing project

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Antoine

Reaction score
Hi to everyone!
First i want to say that im french canadian so my english is not at 100% but not bad. Ill do my best to be understood.
Im remodeling the bathroom and the kitchen from and old 1965 house. The guy who made that setup wasnt a plumber like you probably can see but since 2012 i live here and i never had issue with the plumbing except gurgling sound. That house isnt perfect and will never be and the main purpose of this is to make someting that will be better then what it is right now.

Im new on this forum and i would like to exchange and get opinion with people who know more then me. Im newbie . I read a lot on different topic and try to figure out the best i can do.
I have many questions and if possible , i would like to ask my questions as the project goes.
First, what is that weird vent made out of 1/2 copper pipe that stick out of the kitchen/bathtub/shower/sink drain pipe and why you think the guy made this.

Second im wondering if the vent or the main stacks are cloged because i found that my toilet is lazy and i have to hold down long time to get a good flush.

Third, what is that loop/overflow setup(see picture). There is water that stay in the pipe and dont know if its normal because of the overflow that loop in that pipe. Its been one week that its like -20° here and tought that maybe there is someting that froz in the main waste that is under the concrete.
I changed my toilet recently and i replace the old lead pipe with a 4" flange and 4" abs pipe.

Fourth, I would like to upgrade the system without having to touch the main horizontaly stack that is under the concrete. I know that the small vent diameter is probably not enough and planing to install a new 3" vent pipe up to the roof.

whats wrong in that setup. What would you do. Where should i start. Thank you to all

Attachments

• Polish_20200121_194606271.jpg
    Polish_20200121_194606271.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Polish_20200121_193017994.jpg
    Polish_20200121_193017994.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • Polish_20200121_192623601.jpg
    Polish_20200121_192623601.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
Back